PS3 turns on after many attempts help help!!

kohinoorb

HI all,
My ps3 has been my pride and joy for the last 4 years.... recently it stopped turning on at the first attempt.. i have to keep on hitting the power button like repeatedly for ages till it turns on.. once it turns on its fine.. is it dying on me.. can yu help? Its a 40gb fat model.. should be a collectors item someday ... help!!!!
Do they fix ps3s in india? Guys please let me know f you hav faced this... i can get the new slim model.. but i am attached to my fat model ... atleast until a meaningful hardware upgrade comes along... it is going to be the centre of my ht setup.. i have dlna hooked up etc ... once it turns on its a dream...
Thanks,
k

Is this the original launch version?Me too having the first launch version - 60gb phat, which has backward compatibility to play PS2 games also.

Recently my PS3 started showing problems almost 4yrs since purchase.After certain time it will beep 3times and red light starts blinking and system stops.From various forums, i came to know that this is YLOD(Yelllow light of death) symptom. Associated with heat dissipation problem. In fact i had ordered from Amazon - Arctic Cooling MX-4 Thermal Compound for reapplying on heat sink(google it and u willl find it more).So it turns out to be true that after 4 years, problems start to pop up on these models!!!!!

Think the slim doesn't have these...Also pls keep me informed how u tackled your problem.

Thanks in advance.

Recently my PS3 started showing problems almost 4yrs since purchase.After certain time it will beep 3times and red light starts blinking and system stops.From various forums,
Thanks in advance.
were you able to resolve the problem ? I am too having a similar problem .

I have the ylod issue, the repair center told to replace the motherboard costing 8000/- !!

The 250 GB PS3 that I bought in 2010 died on me. When I went to the service station in Koramangala (the only centre that handles PS3 issues in Bangalore apparently), I was informed that there is NO service or repair for PS3 in India; they either replace it if it's under warranty or you might exchange it for a new one for a discounted price. Luckily for me, mine was under the 2-year warranty and they replaced it in a couple of weeks with a brand new 320 GB PS3.

My PS3 (40 GB Fat, 4 years old) is not reading disks now. I have searched for an authorized service facility, but now use. Now I have given it to a local repairing guy in cochin. Waiting for his report.

Recently i replaced the blu-ray lance assembly of my PS3 phat which was running jailbroken 3.55. You need to do this when the blu-ray disk icon disappears from the XMB menu.

Hi frolks,

My ps3 started giving similar problem. When plugged to mains power, red light appears as usual but the moment I put my finger on start/eject button, it immediately shuts off. Before shutting down for a fraction of second green light also appears. I googled it but everybody talks about YLOD problem. Finally got a youtube link that talks about same issue. The root cause is power unit is gone and need to be replaced. Here my question is who will do such repairs in India ? I live in Hyderabad and looking for a good service center. I already called Sony authorised service guys and they said the same i.e They don't repair but replace it with some discount. Its been 4 years it was working like a champ. I really love the fat model hence don't want to go for new one.

Please suggest.

Zero degrees
# 8-3-231/C/250,
Opp. Ajay Bar & Restaurant,
Jubilee Hills, Road No. 8,
Hyderabad
India
[email protected]
040-23551993
9052216818, 9885007120, 9391302267

try to contact them for the repair

Hi frolks,

My ps3 started giving similar problem. When plugged to mains power, red light appears as usual but the moment I put my finger on start/eject button, it immediately shuts off. Before shutting down for a fraction of second green light also appears. I googled it but everybody talks about YLOD problem. Finally got a youtube link that talks about same issue. The root cause is power unit is gone and need to be replaced. Here my question is who will do such repairs in India ? I live in Hyderabad and looking for a good service center. I already called Sony authorised service guys and they said the same i.e They don't repair but replace it with some discount. Its been 4 years it was working like a champ. I really love the fat model hence don't want to go for new one.

Please suggest.

If you bought it from India, you can get it replaced at 40% of the cost of the new one. You might try a local dealer, but then again....thats a huge risk.

Where is the repair centre

PS3 turn-on delay and turns-off suddenly after turn-on are totally differnt. turn-on delay is usually related to touch switch. due to ageing the contacts inside the touch points and the board got corrosion. turn-off problem is due to CPU or board in FAT PS3. some are repairable.

Reformat in the format utility section and perform an update. If that doesn't work try removing HD clean it replace HD and do again. Just did it to mine and it works like it used to again :yahoo:

Hi,
My PS3 doesn't read the disks .. looks like some issue with Bluray assembly.. After multiples searches from Internet, I found the workaround is to lift the PS3 slightly up while it reads the disk. This I followed till now but now it doesn't read in the first time .. I had to eject min. 20 times and load it back to make it read.
Is there a local shop in Bangalore who can rectify the issue?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back