Ps4 or Xbox one

Ghostrider

Hi,

Wishing all a very happy Diwali and prosperous new year.

Am planning to buy a new console, kindly share your views, either ps4 or Xbox one

1) Ps4 or Xbox one

2) I have 65" inch plasma so would prefer best graphics output.

3) Does it make sense to buy from Singapore or Australia, any further issues interms of disc etc, also price will be better in Singapore I guess !!

4) I have BD player so that's least important

5) will b used for both controller and motion games, age 10+ use 70% sports/action and rest I will play ;-) age 30+ core action

6) also need to see with new release will it make good impact on existing prices of ps3/x360

Cheers to all

Is it only and only for games you would be using either of the two or other activities are also on the cards ...???

it is too ealry to say which is the better among two...it all boils down to what games you like...currently there are only third party games like bf4/cod which are same for both consoles...i guess it is difficult to pass judgement before april 2014...

Personally i own both ps3 and 360 and enjoyed both for its exlcusive games...but has a slight inclination towards ps3 for its awesome studio games...so check what games u like among the exclusives and decide on one...

Both the consoles may not have top noth graphics but should be better than ps3/360...get a power packed PC if graphics is what u enjoy the most...

i too get my consoles from SG but keep in mind taht first generation consoles have more issues and warranty wont be extended to India. Moreover only ps4 is releasing in dec in sg, xbox one not before fall 2014.

I agree with Krishpiscean, its little early to provide a definite answer on which would be better since there are only 3-4 interesting "Exclusives" (Killzone, Infamous on PS4; Ryse, Halo 5 for XBox One) for these new consoles.

Looking at the history, you would probably get more AAA exclusives for PS4 since Sony has a dozen of quality studios working for their platform. However, shooting games are traditionally a strong point for Microsoft so you can chose XBox One if you mostly want to play shooters like COD/BF4/Halo etc.

For kids, I think XBox would be better with its Kinect (PS4 would have Move but Kinect is better for this) which would have some sports/casual games for kids.

In my opinion, its best to wait 6 months to get a clear picture on new consoles (and reduced prices for PS3/Xbox 360).

Personally, I had a PS2 and now have a PS3 (will order or import PS4 after the pricing details announced for India) since I enjoy PS3 exclusives (Uncharted, Heavy Rain, Killzone, Infamous, God of War) more than Halo/Gears of war.

Hope this helps.

Thanks to all

Actually I have someone coming down from AUS via stopover at SG and both are releasing in last week of Nov in AU but have always AU prices bit higher in electronics.

Also if I am more inclined towards motion games so xbox is more of choice.

My console will be 100% gaming unless my media player and Bd player stops working ;-)

How is the experience between kinect and move I did tool demo last week at croma and found kinect better as it's hands free and no add on required unlike in ps3 need to buy additional move bundle if 2 players.

Hi All,

Anyone getting good comparison ?

As of now don't see much online it seems it's gonna be real war....and Xbox no longer gonna be core gaming console..

XBox was the biggest selling unit in US, far higher than PS3. US is the biggest gaming market. Most initial PS3 buyers were casual gamers or people who bought becasue of Bluray initally.

Xbox live is the reason why it became famous. Along with good selection of games like Halo, XBox made the waves.

Sales Units by region in Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_(seventh_generation)

When the XBox was launched I used to work at a Consumer Electronic chain. I remember it used to be no contest in favor of Xbox.

PS3 is more famous in Japan, China and India.
People do not care a lot about Live, I guess could be the reason in India.

Anyway, I have never owned PS3.
But this time, PS4 is putting up a strong fight.

If Mircosoft shuts used game compatibility and not remove always connected functionality, the recption would be bad by public.

I would suggest that you also wait for a few months to see what Valve brings out as its Steam Box. Its not a console but a modded/tuned PC for gaming, that will also have the versatility to be used as a Media Center etc., and also can be used as a PC. Plus, since its a PC foundation, its pretty much unlimited in terms of upgradability

If this succeeds, Xbox One and PS4 will have really limited value - most PCs nowadays already generate better graphics than PS3/XBox 360. There might be a few console-specific games left but is that worth investing in a new ecosystem is a question only the buyer can answer!

go for both .sale one later at rs 1000 cheaper than purchase price after one month if u dont' like any one of them .u can experience both and decide.

Between move and kinect, I'd say kinect is better. But do remember you personally won't enjoy either. As much as both companies would like to claim they're for all age groups, it's the kids who're going to end up using them while we continue to use the good old controllers. Personally, my kids love kinect and don't even bother asking for move after the first month. But if I didn't have kinect, I'm sure they'll play the crap out of of move too.

So go for the console which has more games you want to play. I personally would wait atleast a year. By then, both consoles should have price drop (atleast Xbone should have one) and more importantly, there will be a decent library of cheap games available too. Also, you don't want to end up with something like the first gen 360. That alone was the reason I bought ps3 first and 360 only two years ago.

Hi Ghostrider,

May I throw one more contender in the ring?

What about what Saikat has suggested in another thread?

http://www.hifivision.com/console-gaming/27388-ouya-99-gaming-console-its-way.html

Wait for the two opponents (PS4 + XBox) which are paid games anyway to fight it out.

You wait until one of them is a clear winner like the blu ray war!

In the meanwhile enjoy games for about $110 with free games to boot!

Vinod

Xbox one without doubt. There are already game reviews n PS4. Most of the PS4 hardware is getting failed.
I'm not up to date with ps4/Xbone reviews. Can you post the link/links which mention "most of ps4 hardware is getting failed"?

Last edited:
I would choose Xbox over PS anytime since it's backed up by MS and integration of Windows 8, WP and Xbox is happening and going to be more cooler as days pass.

Talking of Games, Forza 5 and Titanfall are worth considering games @exclusively Xbox

That's reason enough not to bother with either system for atleast a few months if not more. First revision hardware will always be prone to such issues. Better wait till things settle down and are a bit more affordable too.

yeah...its better to wait, sony always seems to have variety in there exclusives as well they critically highly rated aswell, i have question though i will get me ps4 next week and i want to courier it to howrah,west bengal anyone have any idea on cost for overnight shipping and which company should i go for. it will be posted from Nawashahar,Punjab.

PS4, they have better First party support. Games like Driveclub and Infamous Second son will be coming early next year, and both look great.

PSN plus provides free games every month.

The one thing that pisses me off is the "walled garden" approach that every vendor seems to be taking. Even after a $400 or $500 purchase, you are restricted to the app store of these specific companies - MS and Sony.

And you see the same happening in the land of Apple and Google.

Personally, I would rather wait for Steam to launch their new Steam Controller, build a small HTPC cabinet for $500, put Steam on Big Picture Mode and play games through this. Or if Valve launches their custom Linux build that will boot with Steam, just install that instead of Windows.

These consoles are nothing but pre-built PCs with decent graphics. You can match the 2 teraflops throughput with probably something like Radeon 7790 that is available for $150. Or get something better. And the prices will only come down over time but the console will remain the same.

I can see why consoles are and will be popular as gaming systems. But if we are going to think of it as a gaming solution and a media solution, we're now talking about a whole bunch of different requirements that need to fall in place perfectly. Then it becomes a a bit like building a audio system from discrete components vs buying a HTIB.

Plus these console prices are almost the same as a PC.

Just two cents.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back