PSU for Arcam irDAC

blackhorn

I have an irDac that Ive been using for the past 2 years, however last week its PSU decided to give up, I opened up the PSU and one of the small resistors was burnt, I was as it is wanting to upgrade the PSU as it appeared to be a cheap one, and now I have a reason, the input is 12v 1.5A, and is a linear PSU, if someone could point me in the right direction as to which PSU can/should be used for this particular application.

Thanks in advance.

I also have a very old Nokia adapter which says LPS but I think it does not stand for LINEAR POWER SUPPLY

I think it stands for LIMITED POWER SUPPLY

What it means , I am also not very sure

Oh okay, so any 12v 1.5A adapter should do? Or should I look for a low ripple/LPS for the DAC?

Surely a good LINEAR POWER SUPPLY will take performance at a different level

What is rest of your setup, if you think it's resolving enough then surely you can go for a good linear suppply

Nothing would be available in India unless someone is selling it

You can look for LPSU's available on AliExpress or more high end ones from UK or USA

If you can find a good RCORE transformer and get hold of Sachin/Omishra PSU it becomes a very good VFM LPSU :)

The ratings of 12V @1.5A should be doable using this PSU board if you are into DIY and just put a small cabinet and you have a superb LPSU at fraction of the cost.

I have an irDac that Ive been using for the past 2 years, however last week its PSU decided to give up, I opened up the PSU and one of the small resistors was burnt, I was as it is wanting to upgrade the PSU as it appeared to be a cheap one, and now I have a reason, the input is 12v 1.5A, and is a linear PSU, if someone could point me in the right direction as to which PSU can/should be used for this particular application.

Thanks in advance.
Hi blackhorn,

Which one did you finally buy? I am also in a similar situation. The psu of my dac has stopped functioning

Which one did you finally buy? I am also in a similar situation. The psu of my dac has stopped functioning

I am looking into the ifi, if I can source it somehow, as of now I am using a power brick that I used to power my external seagate hdd with.

I am looking into the ifi, if I can source it somehow, as of now I am using a power brick that I used to power my external seagate hdd with.

I too was checking the same. On amazon its available for around 8K and on Tanotis for around 5K.

Though it is claimed to be low noise power supply but dont compare it with linear power supply performance. According to tests IFI has AC leakage current. Only thing good with it that, it is better than stock power supply of the equipments.

Update: finally pulled the trigger on a ifi 12v from headphonezone, sound signature has definitely changed for the better.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back