QAcoustics 3050i vs Focal Chorus 726

LeAudio

Dear Hifivision members,

First and foremost, as a newbie, I thank you for welcoming me into this forum ! As quick introduction, I'd say that I'm not native English speaker - will be easy to spot for sure - I've always been music enthusiast (melophile ?) and now, I'm about to do my first serious acquisition in order to enter the world of hi-fi.

I spend lot of time on internet in order to find what would be my ideal setup and I ended up with a firm DAC / Amp choice : Cambridge Audio CXA80 and a dilemma regarding the choice of flourstanding speakers : QAcoustics 3050i vs Focal Chorus 726

I read some glowing reviews of the 3050i, but also more mixed ones... I read they have a great dynamics, they handle mids & highs very well but they could definitely lack from definition with low frequencies, bass. I terms of reviews, for the Chorus 726, all the reviews I read were good but no lyrical reviews.

So question is : Is someone here owning one of those speakers and could give me a feedback based on a real use ? Or best, maybe someone has already been able to compare both of them ?

Also feel free to discuss my choice of DAC/Amp, I'm always looking for recommendation. I'm aiming a 1400€ setup (DAC / Amp + Speakers).

Best regards !

/L

Bienvenue à hifivision. I have the Q3050i floorstanders paired with Atoll Electronique PR100SE + AM100. To my ears, this combo works well for 2ch stereo with a neutral uncoloured sound. I'd suggest you have a look at the Atoll product catalogue. they have some real good gear. The Focal FS are very good too but substantially pricier than the 3050i. Since you're based in France you could demo the Atoll / Focal range. Let us know what you eventually settle for and wishing you all the best in your quest!

Dear Hifivision members,

First and foremost, as a newbie, I thank you for welcoming me into this forum ! As quick introduction, I'd say that I'm not native English speaker - will be easy to spot for sure - I've always been music enthusiast (melophile ?) and now, I'm about to do my first serious acquisition in order to enter the world of hi-fi.

I spend lot of time on internet in order to find what would be my ideal setup and I ended up with a firm DAC / Amp choice : Cambridge Audio CXA80 and a dilemma regarding the choice of flourstanding speakers : QAcoustics 3050i vs Focal Chorus 726

I read some glowing reviews of the 3050i, but also more mixed ones... I read they have a great dynamics, they handle mids & highs very well but they could definitely lack from definition with low frequencies, bass. I terms of reviews, for the Chorus 726, all the reviews I read were good but no lyrical reviews.

So question is : Is someone here owning one of those speakers and could give me a feedback based on a real use ? Or best, maybe someone has already been able to compare both of them ?

Also feel free to discuss my choice of DAC/Amp, I'm always looking for recommendation. I'm aiming a 1400€ setup (DAC / Amp + Speakers).

Best regards !

/L
Unless the person has your rooms same amp and similar room, the impressions you get Could be salty ;)

Bienvenue à hifivision. I have the Q3050i floorstanders paired with Atoll Electronique PR100SE + AM100. To my ears, this combo works well for 2ch stereo with a neutral uncoloured sound. I'd suggest you have a look at the Atoll product catalogue. they have some real good gear. The Focal FS are very good too but substantially pricier than the 3050i. Since you're based in France you could demo the Atoll / Focal range. Let us know what you eventually settle for and wishing you all the best in your quest!
I too had a atoll in100se before. If OP is in France , then I would suggest Atohm speakers with atoll. Both are French and work wonderfully harmonious. There are several small wonderful firms in France which makes remarkable products. Another one is highland audio. I had a chance to listen to their cheapest model called aingel and it was really sounding better than things like elac debut and all it’s popular competitors. It’s worth looking into triangle also. Focals entry level isn’t the best. But I guess if he is going to try the Cambridge audio then the new 600 series bowers and Wilkins will be a better match .

Edit: I think The above suggestions aren’t the best as they costs more than what you had asked. May be you can choose to ignore my ignorance ;)

Last edited:
Hi ! Thank you for your anwsers, I was not aware of Atoll Electronic, I'll try to find a dealer where I can demo them. Highland Audio is a good option indeed, but I was a little afraid by the so-so conception of their FS (not talking about the audio, amazing for such a pricetag, but they don't seem to be really "build to last"). Triangle, I definitely need to listen to them, a colleague of mine have a pair of bookshelves from them however, I think they have entry-level (200€) and 1,6k€ to 4k€ FS but nothing in between.

I'll update you once I made my choice !
Thanks again for your time !
/L

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back