Iam considering sale of the under mentioned components as Iam scaling down from having multiple setups in my place. All equipment is in 100% functional and cosmetic condition. And every single peice of kit has been a 5 star product in its respective category at it's price point. And I have looked after the below items with love and care, and same are in immaculate, mint condition like new.
I have settled on the prices after checking with a dealer regarding the pre-loved pricing prevalent now. So please dont negotiate on the price, as it has already been generously discounted, and way below the pricing I have seen on this forum so far. Please feel free to post here in case of any doubts apart from the pricing. And Iam not in a hurry to sell them, as they will continue to serve me in their respective rooms till they are sold.
1) BLUE SOUND POWER NODE GEN 1 - Hi res streamer + DAC + Amplifier in high gloss white, with aluminium face plate ( Almost a combination of NAD D3020 + Bluesound Node streamer & DAC, but more powerful than NAD D3020 )
Price : INR 40000/- ( Bought for 700 pounds from UK, which as per present exchange rate is INR 56000/- and with customs went to 60000/-. So discounted by 33% ) ( Was on sale on hifimart for INR 65000/- till 6 months back )
- Cosmetic - 10/10
- Functional - 10/10
Usage : Have used it for 2 years.
Key features :
- Comes with NAD's latest direct digital amplification.
- Just connect 2 speakers or go 2.1 with a dedicted sub-woofer out with a fixed cross over at 80hz
- Pairs beautifully with bookshelf speakers from Qacoutics, Dali, PSB and KEF LS50 as per online user reviews.
- Iam presently running the Qacoustics Concept 40 floor stander's with this. And drives same to neighbour bothering levels effortlessly without sub.
- Can stream from smart phones via wifi in full Hi-res or via bluetooth or via a NAS setup or via HDD or via internet ( I stream from Tidal )
- Comes with app control for both android and apple. Very convinient and you will never have to budge from your chair again.
- Can connect to your network wirelessly or via ethernet. I would suggest ethernet LAN for a stable connection.
- Zero background noise, absolutely none. A clear, pacey and rythmic sound. Very musical.
Who is it perfect for :
- First let me mention that there are no analogue or digital inputs here. It is a modern streamer than takes all its bits via a ethernet connection or via wifi or via HDD or Bluetooth.
- For people with NAS - It can archive all your music irrespective of the formats upto 24/192. All your tracks will show up in your library in the app and you can control playback from here.
- Can stream from almost all online streaming sites, everything from Spotify to Tidal. I have only used it for Tidal Hi-fi and internet radio stations with amazing results. Please check 'Bluesound' website for complete list of supported streaming sites. Iam not very geeky, and have only used Tidal.
- For people with HDD full of music - There is a usb port in the back where you can plug in your HDD, and it can read all your tracks irrespective of the formats. All your tracks will show up in the app. And you can control playback from there.
- Via bluetooth - I have a supplied USB Bluetooth dongle which has to be plugged into the USB port at the back, and it can stream music from any smart phone or tablet. I usually stream music from'Gaana' and 'Saavn' via bluetooth.
- However bear in mind that there is only a single USB port, so you can either plug in your HDD or bluetooth only one at a time and not simultaneously.
- I have a NAS setup with 'WD My Cloud' with almost 8000 tracks, and same are all displayed in the app with album artwork too. And same can be arranged in any number of playlists.
- You can pair any speakers with this, but really comes into its own in a 2.1 setup with sub. If you have the moolah, buy the Bluesound Duo from hifimart for INR 88000/-. This comes with a built-in DSP specially tuned for the 'Duo', and makes it almost a seemless active setup.
My personal opinion :
I've compared running the Qacoutics concept 40's with my Marantz SR6011, which is way more powerfull than the powernode. But the powernode still blows away the Marantz in every respect. Musicality, pace, clarity & rythm. Considering that I tried the marantz with Audessey Multi EQ XT32 and also pure direct mode, says something about the musical prowess of the powernode. Sometimes I add my Qacoustics Q7070si subwoofer, crossed over at 80Hz. And it just sounds awesome.
The main reason i've not sold it before, is because of my wife. The powernode always stays on, I never switch if off. And it stays connected to the ipod touch via bluetooth. And my wife finds it silly easy to use, even when Iam not around. And she loves the sound quality, as well as the looks. The powernode looks very stylish, unlike most Hi-fi and absolutely living room chic. The gloss white / brushed aluminium casing of the powernode, perfectly compliments the gloss white / aluminium front of the Qacoustics concept 40 speakers ( Which are also for sale further down the thread ). Absolutely Living room hi-fi looks. So took some persuassion to bring her around.
For fans of active speakers, Bluesound ( Which is basically NAD ) got PSB to develop a 2.1 speaker system called the Bluesound Duo to pair with the Powernode. And the powernode has a specially tuned DSP to exactly match these speakers, including subwoofer cross overs to the Duo's Subwoofer. This pairing is supposed to sound spectacular due to the active matching of the components at the design stage itself. Though I've never heard them. The bluesound Duo is still on sale on hifimart for INR 88000/-.
Packing and shipping : I bought it in the UK. And thus dont have the packing and bills now for the same. I can pack and courier it within India at additional cost and buyer's risk. But ideally would prefer local pickup in Hyderabad.
2) QACOUSTICS CONCEPT 40 SPEAKERS - FLOOR STANDING 2 WAY SPEAKERS IN GLOSS WHITE WITH A POLISHED ALUMINIUM FACE PLATE
Price : INR 100,000/- ( Bought for 1,27,000/-. Discounted by 22% )
Cosmetic - 10/10
Functional - 10/10
Usage : Bought in October 2016 from audiocart via amazon, and were unpacked and put into use in Dec'2016. Have used for less than a year for music in the dining room at pleasant listening levels. Never used in my home theatre setup.
Key features : Please check up on the website, nothing extra to mention here
Who is it perfect for : For all day listeners who dont want listening fatigue.
My personal opinion : They sound very very refined and smooth. Excellent with classical music and vocals. Adele's voice sounds sublime. The vocal's on the concept 20's have always been considered special. This just adds more bass to it, while retaining the concept 20's strengths. I will agree with whathifi that they have a very refined presentation. Can listen to them all day long without any listening fatigue. Have oodles of deep bass, very deceptive for their looks. Iam not an audiphile, so will not comment on things like soundstaging and imaging. I will leave it to the interested buyers to decide those for themselves during auditioning.
The Concept 40's pair beautifully with the powernode. The powernode's pitch black backgrounds complement the concept 40's refined presentation very well. Both of these are also sold as a stereo combo on many british hi-fi websites. And apart from Sonics, both matched together have a very high Wife acceptance factor due to their high gloss chic looks in white & Aluminium.
Packing and shipping : I have the original packing of the Concept 40's along with all literature and accessories including floor rubber caps and port bungs also. I am in touch with dealers 'audiocart' to procure a copy of my purchase bill. Though I have the packing, I would only look into local pickup, as these speakers are very heavy and risk damage in transit.
Thanks for your time and interest in reading my very long thread
BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!
Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.
- Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
- Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
- Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
- Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
- The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
- Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
- Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
- It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
- Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
- Do your research on comparative prices for the product.
- Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
- Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
- Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
- Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
- It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
- Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.