QED Vs chord

What speakers do you have? And if it's connected to your Marantz NR series I doubt getting any expensive cable will matter in your system.

I have Marantz nr 1608 avr, Dali zensor 3bookshelf, Dali pico central, onkyo Dolby atmos speaker (front upward facing speaker).

I use Cat5

HiFi Rig: ASI Liveline power cable + Cambridge Audio Cxn + Mogami W2497 T + Quad 405 MK2 + Cat 5 + Piega Classic 3.0

Wow! ASI livelines, Mogami and Cat5 in the same chain. Sounds very unusual and intriguing! Now I definitely want to try Cat5.

Is there any specific brand you use? Also can you provide some pointers how to connect, as I expect multiple wires to be there in ethernet cable.

Wow! ASI livelines, Mogami and Cat5 in the same chain. Sounds very unusual and intriguing! Now I definitely want to try Cat5.

Is there any specific brand you use? Also can you provide some pointers how to connect, as I expect multiple wires to be there in ethernet cable.

8 strands in total. Twist 4 white to positive rest twist to negative terminal. Simple!

8 strands in total. Twist 4 white to positive rest twist to negative terminal. Simple!

Alas, you forgot the sprinkling of pixie dust and the magic incantation right at the end of it all. You are forever banished to the real world, where you'll work in eternity in the support division of "high-end" AV cables, promoting the cleanest, most natural audio/video anyone will ever hear/see.

@liverpoot_for_life Should I take that as a compliment? Btw you do have a good sales pitch!

Haha..that was indeed a compliment in my books. I also know a forum member who recently used a mulitstrand pc board connector, i think it was 24 pins as speaker cables. And found it had exceptional bass performance. Though a bit light in the treble.

So if i were to tri amp my speakers, i already found my cables for the bass drivers :D

Saw the extra length of CAT6 cable I have. The strands look too skinny (maybe 24/22 AWG) 4x will result in 18AWG maybe.
Not very exciting to try out immediately; maybe sometime when I have free time or after a AV rack cleaning session :)
Cheers,
Raghu

I got 6m QED XT25 speaker cables for £47(Rs.4,500) from Glasgow, Scotland through ebay.com. In india, it was way more expensive. I asked MZ Audio Distribution as they are the QED distributor in India. They quoted me Rs.11,000 for 5m. What the hell are these distributors upto!!!

Back