Query about Lenco Turntables being sold by Saregama

virajsingh

Hi Guys,

Saregama website is selling 4 models of Lenco turntables. The site is HOME >> LP PLAYER :: Saregama

Does anyone have any information about the Lenco brand and, what is your opinion of the specs of models L3807, L78 and L81. How do these compare withe Denon, Sherwood and NAD TTs.

I am hoping to buy a new TT which is not very expensive and would like to know what brands/models should I look at. Should I go for a TT whioch includes a pre amplifier?

Thanks for sparing your time to help me out. Cheers

Viraj Singh
Delhi

HI Viraj,
have not heard these LP players....

But if you have a budget around 30K you should look at some of the Rega's and Project turntables...

I have just spoken to the saregama people.... in the coming week i will audition it and tell you my impressions!

Hi Malvai,

That would be really appreciated as I was not able to get much info about the performance of the TTs even on the net. Some of the review that showed up were mostly in German or Dutch languages.

The Lenco website mentions that between 1997-2008 they have sold a millions TTs. So I am all the more curious about the performance of these TTs. Looking forward to reading your impressions following your audition.

Global Easy Buy lists a Rega RP1 delivered in India at Rs 33K. Is that a good price? Where in India can one source Rega and Project TTs.

Best Regards

Viraj

I have just spoken to the saregama people.... in the coming week i will audition it and tell you my impressions!

Where in India can one source Rega and Project TTs.

Best Regards

Viraj

>>>

Viraj,

The person/organisation dealing with Pro-Ject turn tables in India is :

Sushil Anand, Managing Director Nova Audio Pvt. Ltd., in Bandra Mumbai.
His id is [email protected]

They are ProJect's distributors in India.
I plan to check out some of the ProJects which have very recently come to him.

Regards

Hi Viraj

A few pointers - Wikipedia has a page on Lenco turntables (Lenco Turntables - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) which says vintage Lenco TTs, which had idler-wheel drives, are apparently pretty good and that the company is now a Dutch brand which offers belt drive TTs.

This is the current Lenco website's page on TTs: LENCO - Turntable

Of the TTs on the Saregama website, model L-3807 looks exactly like the KAM turntable I picked up for a very negligible amount at a flea market. (I have seen the same model being sold by several other European companies.) It sounds pretty good for the money i paid for it.

Models L-3807 and L-81 are DJ models (they have a small light usually used by DJs to check on records being played in a darkened club, and the L-81 also has a reverse-forward switch which again is used by DJs) but that isnt a bad thing. Most DJ models are very very sturdy. The KAM I bought had been handled roughly and yet it played perfectly the moment I plugged it in.

Though I haven't heard it, the L-78 and its specs look very promising if you're looking to get a TT without spending too much. Besides, it has a USB port which will allow you to convert songs to MP3s if you wish to do so.

On the plus side, all 3 models have adjustable weights on their tonearms and mounts for using other cartridges if you decide to upgrade.

Avoid model tt-29 under all circumstances -- it is junk masquerading as a turntable. See if you can audition the other 3 models and then make up your mind.

Hope this helps.

The old Lencos and New Lencos are vastly different since the Swiss co was Taken over.
the New USB L78 is very very different from the Heavy Platter idler wheel drivel L75/L78s.

If you want to buy new, the Project TTs might just be a better VFM .

Hi Guys,

Saregama website is selling 4 models of Lenco turntables. The site is HOME >> LP PLAYER :: Saregama

Does anyone have any information about the Lenco brand and, what is your opinion of the specs of models L3807, L78 and L81. How do these compare withe Denon, Sherwood and NAD TTs.

I am hoping to buy a new TT which is not very expensive and would like to know what brands/models should I look at. Should I go for a TT whioch includes a pre amplifier?

Thanks for sparing your time to help me out. Cheers

Viraj Singh
Delhi

Hi,

I have not heard recent lanco.I just saw their specifications on Saregama website.I dont think they are good.THey look very cheap and weigh around 4 kg.Try to find good vintage TT as they are still better than most of today's mid level TTs.

Regards,

Sachin

If TT s are sold by Saregama..., then...have they plans to release LP s?
Are there chance to hear classis indian songs in analog? who knows?

Hi Manav,

Just wondering if you have had a chance to listen to the Lenco TTs as you had planned to audition them this week. Waiting anxiously to hear your impressions.

Also do remember me if you have any unclaimed record from Kapvin's collection which is you are so kindly coordinating for distribution amongst Delhi HFV members.

Cheers

Viraj
0-9868789140

Dear Viraj,

I had a chance to stay in Belgium for nearly 2 years and I saw Lenco products in abundance including TTs, how ever I purchased a Decent TT frm Q Media, which looks like Lenco model TT 29 but having addtnl features like MP3 recording frm LPs to USB, and USB playing(supported MP3 as well as WMA), As far as sound quality is concerned It is quite OK , so I hope that the low end Lenco TT 29 sh'd also sound OK, provided you connect with a decent amplifier (home theatre or music system) having noise cancellation feature, how ever personally, I like the sound of LPs with little scratch sounds (quite nostalgic), I have the old phonogram also, which plays only 78 rpm records. I also bought one player frm TECHNOSTAR , whic is quite good looking, but you know, if you not buying a DJ TT( Direct drive) then almost all the TTs are same, even, now a days, the cartridges(needles) are also common, which is good, So if you want to re visit your old LPs just to get the nostalgic feeling and do not want to spend much then low end TTs are also OK. In Europe TTs were quite common, and they have many Brands, local as well as Reputed like, Sony, Akai, Ion, Pro-Ject etc , but the they are all same for low end versions.

Hi Friends,
I'm too looking for buying a turntable, have shortlisted few based on feedback of the showroom person. Coudlnt get a chance to listen any due to non-availability.
Which among the below would you suggest
1. Denon DP 300f
2. AudioTechnica
3. Pro-ject
4. Rega RP1

I'm very much confused and need your expert opinion.

Regards
Manpreet

OK, I know this is an old thread, but I just found out about a (physical location) sale (CDs, LPs, LP players) by SaReGaMa, which ends today :-(
Also, just learned of this forum while searching for Lenco reviews.

It fits neatly in my budget, has a USB port to PC connector, and works with Audacity.
The L 81 USB is going for ~19,000. Would love some feedback (that isn't German/Dutch :) Is it worth it if I want to digitize old LPs?

Hi demarco,

For 19000/- you can get Rega RP-1 or Project debut models, or you can find Vintage models from Technics, Pioneer, Sony,JVC at a fraction of that price. Use good cartridges like Shure M97xE or AT 120E . Search the forum for some possible references. You can use a good Integ amp like Marantz , Rotel with Phono input, feed the Lineout of the amp to a Soundcard fitted PC, I assure you that you will get a good sound from your LPs. With a little bit of patience, you will get a Digital copy which will sonically surpass its CD counterpart. Pl also refer this forum for Vinyl to CD conversion.

Hope this helps.

N.Murali

Saregama is already releasing LPs. I got the Jhoota Hi Sahi LP from them and it sounds quite good.

With regard to TTs, if you're on a budget, its better to go to the used market. If not, the Rega models could be a convenient option. My personal opinion would be for you to try and lay your hands on a technics direct drive in decent condition.

I my opinion, any good Japanese players from Technics,Pioneer, Sansui etc properly refurbished will out perform the new breed low budget TTs.
kuruvilajacob

I my opinion, any good Japanese players from Technics,Pioneer, Sansui etc properly refurbished will out perform the new breed low budget TTs.
kuruvilajacob

I've not heard the Pioneer and Sansui turntables but I've owned and listened to the following;

Teac P988 - rubbish, plasticy stuff
Technics SLBD20B - ok for entry level, again plasticy stuff
Garrard SP25 MK1 - pretty good, ok for entry level
Technics SL3200 - fantastic, direct drive, listening to it is absolute bliss

Have also heard an AR turntable, Garrard changer, HMV turntable, the AR was pretty good but stay away from changers and low end stuff.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back