Question about an OLX seller!

Yeah definitely want to try the power amp :) Hoping the S1s will gain something with additional power :) Something.

Clearly S2s are not happening ;)

With me spending almost my entire day in my office, being alone at home with my dogs, I have been listening to the office system all day long, and though I do not find much wrong (except the subwoofer issue, which is there in another thread), I definitely want to know what is the best this system can do.

Last edited:
Yeah definitely want to try the power amp :) Hoping the S1s will gain something with additional power :) Something.

Clearly S2s are not happening ;)

With me spending almost my entire day in my office, being alone at home with my dogs, I have been listening to the office system all day long, and though I do not find much wrong (except the subwoofer issue, which is there in another thread), I definitely want to know what is the best this system can do.
Apologies for sounding like a broken record/tape stuck in a loop, take your pick, but if you want to maximize performance and have your system be everything it can achieve, put up a thread asking if anybody's willing to sell a UMIK-1 already :p

Apologies for sounding like a broken record/tape stuck in a loop, take your pick, but if you want to maximize performance and have your system be everything it can achieve, put up a thread asking if anybody's willing to sell a UMIK-1 already
Hey I know - this is the next step, also read an incredible write up by somebody on subjectivity/objectivity of audiophiles. Can't remember who, but it was amazing. I would like to find that person again and start following them, amazing.

BUT, I have issues that are not very rectifiable, read - placement. Can't do much with my office, small room, lots of gear, books, a stupid cupboard that I can't get rid of (landlord's not mine) :p hence, I can only screw around with "more gear" ;P you know how it goes.

I anyways want to invest in a power amp eventually, this was always the plan even when I got the 6000a, the plan was to eventually get a power-amp, eventually change/upgrade the speakers in my office. ;) you know how it goes.

Last edited:
I would be cautious about buying from olx if you are in a different city and cannot inspect the goods personally, plus when goods are shipped by courier they end up being damaged because our courier companies do not handle the books properly. My opinion is based on personal experience.

I have been following this seller for a while. Never done business or spoke with him so far.
All I can say is, he regularly gets new stuff and old ones disappear. Apparently, his inventory is moving.

A few of us occasionally travel to Goa from BLR in our own vehicles. We can hand carry these for you. However, your buying decision would be based on that person's assessment. A sketchy proposition but that is the nature of used market.

I have been looking at this guy's posts for a while, anyone has dealt with him before? He is from Bangalore.

Please let me know if anyone has ever bought anything from him before?
Hi Chander, I have interacted with this guy. He always has some good stuff with him. He is in Whitefield, Bangalore and he is a dealer. He buys stuff from people and then re sells it. If you can have someone inspect it before buying then I think you can definitely go ahead. (Only post inspection and not blind buy). He had a Cayin up for sale which I was interested in but coz of the pandemic I could not go for an audition and hence left it.

Regards,
Som

occasionally travel to Goa from BLR in our own vehicles. We can hand carry these for you.
Oh yes please, that will be amazing! If you any of you heading to his store too, please let me know :)

Also none of the pictures posted are of the original products he has in hand. All pictures are taken from the internet.
I realised that tooan hour ago. I will request a friend to go over once things calm down to just have a look! Lets see.

I have seen numerous ads from this profile, once had got in touch for a cayin tube amp. He did invite to demo the unit but could not find time in a week or so and the unit went away from his listing. As mentioned all pics are not original , this again probably might be since most of them are vintage items and putting a photo up might not be the best option for him.

I have seen numerous ads from this profile, once had got in touch for a cayin tube amp. He did invite to demo the unit but could not find time in a week or so and the unit went away from his listing. As mentioned all pics are not original , this again probably might be since most of them are vintage items and putting a photo up might not be the best option for him.
Yeah I have been keeping a close eye on his for the last 2 maybe 3 years, I check in every week or 2 to see the inventory, seems like a legit business with moving inventory, but not sure never been. :) Lets see.

If corona Was not there, you could have just gone to chennai's Ritchie Street and pick the stuff yourself. All olx sellers buy stuff in bulk from there. Years back I had seen them coming a taking stuff out as bulk for a good discount. There is a whole street of used audio stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, years back I bought a Sansui AU 317 from a small shop in Ritchie street in Chennai for 9k. It worked flawlessly for almost three years. Then I sold it off. Now the AU 317 is asked above 20k :D . I don't know how it is justified. It is good, but never worth that price.
I have a Sansui AU 217 Mark II running the Tannoy Mercury something FS in the bedroom, GF loves them so they stay put. I have been dying to upgrade it, but can't touch it.

Yeah, years back I bought a Sansui AU 317 from a small shop in Ritchie street in Chennai for 9k. It worked flawlessly for almost three years. Then I sold it off. Now the AU 317 is asked above 20k :D . I don't know how it is justified. It is good, but never worth that price.
My biggest miss was a pair of Martin logan for 40k. I did not have 40k back in my account then. Cosmetically it had blemishes but I heard them singing without any flaws. By the time I arranged the funds, that was already gone. Same with the thunder tube pre and power amps for 40k. Except that most other stuff I saw there, at one time or the other had appeared in olx for jacked up proces. I have nothing against olx sellers as that's their livelihood.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back