Question on Biwiring

Nippy

Hi,

I am currently using Mogami W2972 for my Wharfedale Diamond 225 and have noticed an improvement in top and midrange. However lowend sounds a tad flat/slow. I have been thinking of biwiring the speakers to see if there can be an improvement in this regard. I have already tried using 10awg wire (a common electric wire) along with mogami to see the effect and I must say what a failure it was. There was a significant decline in sonic performance and the mid range became muddy. I am now left scratching my head and curious which cable would best pair with Mogami. Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated!.

Watch this yt vid on bi-wiring
Seandsilva -Thanks for sharing the video. I did watch it ealier and I beg to differ from them. For me Bi-wiring is way of using two different cables having different sonic performances. As I have marantz pm5005 I don't really need to clamp two wires to same binding post. Even if I did each wire would still have different sonic/colouration to the sound. :)

Only option is to try different cables and findout. No suggesion would work.
Pretty expensive I would say :D Trying to get as much information as possible from collective knowledge of this forum before I put my money on something. :)

Pretty expensive I would say :D Trying to get as much information as possible from collective knowledge of this forum before I put my money on something. :)

Mogami is warm sounding cable imo so you may be finding it slow. You can also try klotz cable which would be having faster presentation than mogami.

Hi nippy, let us know about the differences between mogami and klotz. Where did you order klotz from?

Hi nippy, let us know about the differences between mogami and klotz. Where did you order klotz from?
Hey Mayank, I have placed the order with HifiMart. Not sure by when it would be delivered given the current situation.. but would certainly let you know of the differences.

2.5 is more faster and more trebly than 4mm
Yup.. since I already have Mogami 2972 which is a quad cable, i am thinking of using this as a low freq. cable and klotz as a high frequency cable..not sure where this will lead me to in terms of sound.

I have used both. Prefferred klotz for fastness and treble. Mogami is slow amd warmer not as detailed. Biwiring sounds unnatural to me actually but your opinion may differ.

Totally agree. The highs and mids on the klotz are really good, even on the 4mm. I found it more efficient too. On same volume the spl is higher compared to few other cables.

MaSh

Its a great cable actually. Given its price its a no brainer. I have even preferred it over kimber

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back