Question on equalizer settings and sound quality from a newbie!

goyal.sanchit

Hello everyone

1st of all I would like to point out that I am the wrong person in the right forum!:eek:hyeah:

When it comes to technical side of music I pretty much dont know anything so I am hoping for a little help here if its easy enough! :D

So the issue is that I am not impressed with the sound quality many times when I hear songs on PC, Cellphone, Car system etc.

When I listen to songs on tv with the default TV speakers I am satisfied with the quality. Also many times a song seems very good on shows like Indian Idol, Sa ra ga ma pa but when heard on PC or car system it doesn't sound good.

The issue is that when on TV or on shows the stress is on vocals with light music in the background but on pc with a 2.1 system or on car its clear that settings are not optimised as I dont know much about it and the song quality and vocals are lost with music.

So basically I have 3 issues at hand-

1.) How to achieve a quality on pc where music doesnt affect the vocals?

2.) I listen to songs on Cellphone (I9000 Galaxy) and the music player has a 7 band equalizer. Now I vaguely know that 1st bars are for Bass, Then for vocals and last ones are for treble.

I tried extensively last night to configure them but was unsatisfied each time with the output. :( So any help there would be appreciated. :)

3.) Whenever we hear a fairly old song in some movie or some ad or anywhere (For example- Yeh raatein yeh mausam in the movie Ishqiya) it sound very good but again when hearing the song on system one doesnt get the same effect! Is it possible to correct that?

I know that these are very basic questions and maybe silly questions :eek:hyeah: but I am optimistic I might get some help here.

Regards

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back