Quick recommendations for buying AV equipment in the US

addagalla

Hello,

I'm in the US for a couple of weeks and need quick recommendations on buying some items, either from local stores or online from amazon etc. All items are for use back home in India.

1) mini hi-fi system: Need it mainly for FM radio and mp3 playback (either through ipod or USB). Need deep bass and decent treble. ipod docks are fine too, as long as they are not those typical set of mediocre mid-range speakers. Budget: $300

2) headphones (no ear buds): for use with ipod, PC, and smart phone. again need deep bass and clarity. Budget: $50

3) 5.1 HTIB, mainly for movies only. Only wall mountable speakers (wiring already done) and no tower speakers. Need deep bass and good balanced sound for different kinds of playback (hollywood/bollywood movies and music channels). For use with tata sky and WD media player, won't use any dvd/blu-ray. Budget: $750

Thanks

Guys, is Onkyo S5500 good? And much better than S3500? I guess we get 2 more speakers, better front speakers and upconversion, apart from Audyssey 2EQ room acoustic correction system (which I don't know much about).

I'm getting both 3500 and 5500 at good rates in the US ($250 and $450 respectively). Which one should I buy?

thanks

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back