Quietest fridge

square_wave

Time for a fridge change. Trying to find the quietest one. The usually suspects are Samsung, lg, whirlpool, haier. A loud one can cause havoc with your listening especially at late night. ~ 300 lit double door models.

Since I live in an apartment, the fridge is kept in the dining room to save space in the kitchen. Anyone went this route before ? Any experience / info will be appreciated.

Recently purchased Panasonic NR-BG342VDA3 and really happy with the performance. Slight hum sound and i dont think this will be an issue. Storage volume is 307 liters and gross volume is 336 liters.

Do check out LG. Very silent, efficient and has better space management than Samsung.
Voltas Beko is a new entrant worth considering.

Time for a fridge change. Trying to find the quietest one. The usually suspects are Samsung, lg, whirlpool, haier. A loud one can cause havoc with your listening especially at late night. ~ 300 lit double door models.

Since I live in an apartment, the fridge is kept in the dining room to save space in the kitchen. Anyone went this route before ? Any experience / info will be appreciated.
I recently got a Whirpool double door 300 lit fridge and it’s good. I kept it in the kitchen and the noise is audible only when I enter the kitchen.

LG user for around 7 years now. Had a Samsung before that. The immediate difference is that LG compressor runs lesser and for shorter duration compared to the Samsung. It runs quieter too. Mine is kept in te dining room too. This was important as I do the graveyard shift and thats when most of the listening happens at super low volumes.

MaSh

I have not seen any refrigerator so far which is silent. Compressor is bound to make sounds. I have noticed sound increases over the time fridge gets older. I have used Godrej, LG, Whirlpool in the past and currently using Hitachi. I think LG was little less noisy among all of them.

Siemens/Bosch appliances. Their refrigerators are quiet enough. Bit expensive as compared to the other usual brands though.
Disclosure: We have a Siemens side-by-side model; been running smooth and silent for the last 3 years.

Cheers,
Raghu

I have not seen any refrigerator so far which is silent. Compressor is bound to make sounds. I have noticed sound increases over the time fridge gets older. I have used Godrej, LG, Whirlpool in the past and currently using Hitachi. I think LG was little less noisy among all of them.
I have used 3 refrigerators earlier - Godrej, LG & currently Sharp past 10 years. Most noisy were LG & Godrej. Sharp is so quite that even if i put my ears near the compressor i cant hear anything.

Sometimes a brand may be good & quiet in Operation. But God forbid incase of a remote possibility if there is any issue and the service is laid back or parts not available. Then it would be a sticky situation.

Which ever fridge you would purchase, the service/availability of parts from the company should also be good apart from the quiet operational factor.

Sometimes a brand may be good & quiet in Operation. But God forbid incase of a remote possibility if there is any issue and the service is laid back or parts not available. Then it would be a sticky situation.

Which ever fridge you would purchase, the service/availability of parts from the company should also be good apart from the quiet operational factor.
I am using Sharp past 10 years. Zero issue till now.

Noise in a fridge is directly proportional to the compressor used. Sharp uses embraco compressors which is top of the line in compressors. LGs own compressors are pathetic and very noisy.

Noise in a fridge is directly proportional to the compressor used. Sharp uses embraco compressors which is top of the line in compressors. LGs own compressors are pathetic and very noisy.
While it is true that the origin of noise is the compressor there are other factors that contribute a lot. The quality of materials used, mass of the materials, how loaded the refrigerator is, location of the freezer, etc. all contribute to the noise. So, just the compressor does not say it all; the noise is a sum of the parts rather than one component. Also different models within the same brand will be quieter/noisier than others so saying a brand is quiet is incorrect. I have a 15 year old LG which is DEAD quiet - but if I say refrigerators from LG are as quiet as the one I have, I would be absolutely wrong.

Last edited:
Found a nice bosch model on amazon. 347 L
Caution. My brother ordered a similar Bosch refrigerator online a couple of months back in Bengaluru. The unit arrived with a lot of dust.. On removing the package it was in a bad state. Dusty and seems like to have been kept in store for a very longtime without care.
Do check before proceeding.

Returned it and ended getting

I was checking out fridges in malls few days back, In 290-300 litres segment Whirlpool had the best space utilisation with enough space for water bottles unlike others which had only one rack for bottles, Samsung second rack will fit only half litre bottles.

Noise research is very difficult unless we measure all the new models noise, so all the best and do post your conclusion here.

Have a whirlpool three door sitting next to the music setup. Never hear it.

youre welcome to drop by and check out if the noise level would work for you.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back