Radio to buy

kvandhi

I want to buy a Radio in Chennai. Just came to see todays newspaper about https://noizzybox.com/index.php/pro...-bluetooth-speaker-with-remote-and-equalizer/

Any one already purchased or experience this product , Kindly share your views.

So far i have purchased couple of radios from UK/Europe , but unfortunately when it repair ,i am unable to make it fix in Chennai. So this time i am planning to buy local Chennai dealer.

I want to buy a Radio in Chennai. Just came to see todays newspaper about https://noizzybox.com/index.php/pro...-bluetooth-speaker-with-remote-and-equalizer/

Any one already purchased or experience this product , Kindly share your views.

So far i have purchased couple of radios from UK/Europe , but unfortunately when it repair ,i am unable to make it fix in Chennai. So this time i am planning to buy local Chennai dealer.
Just another Chinese dupe... I have seen these in plenty in local park weekend sales in Abu Dhabi.

Get a Sangean that is now probably the only genuine radio. Then a couple from Sony and National pop up on Amazon if you search for radios..

But now I read in HFV that AIR is phasing out MW by end of this year. Shortwaves seem to have vanished. It looks like you'd need to look for a DRM radio

https://www.drm.org/drm-receivers/

But now I read in HFV that AIR is phasing out MW by end of this year. Shortwaves seem to have vanished. It looks like you'd need to look for a DRM radio

https://www.drm.org/drm-receivers/
Interesting! Are there any Indian broadcasts already on DRM? Also I read that DRM works on compression (don’t know how much), so while spoken word would be ok, how’s the resolution for music as compared to FM/satellite radio?

It’d be nice to listen to radios from distant lands if DRM spreads. SW radios are closing down and also a pain to get the signal inside house. DRM can bring the joy of Worldspace days!

Also wonder how DRM can compete with Internet radio, which can go upto hi-res transmissions and accessible through streamers commonly available!

Interesting! Are there any Indian broadcasts already on DRM? Also I read that DRM works on compression (don’t know how much), so while spoken word would be ok, how’s the resolution for music as compared to FM/satellite radio?

It’d be nice to listen to radios from distant lands if DRM spreads. SW radios are closing down and also a pain to get the signal inside house. DRM can bring the joy of Worldspace days!

Also wonder how DRM can compete with Internet radio, which can go upto hi-res transmissions and accessible through streamers commonly available!
I read AIR is heading to DRM. I am in UAE and eager to listen to Akashwani. Now my SW radio picks none

In Bangalore, AIR is transmitting DRM it seems. I am very much interested in that but standalone receiver is not really available and way too expensive.

If you can get Tecsun receiver, it's really good. Though it's Chinese, it has good product line up and has sensitive tuners.

@Subbu68 ,you can listen to Akashvani with News on Air app (just FYI)

DRM - All India Radio

Last edited:
In Bangalore, AIR is transmitting DRM it seems. I am very much interested in that but standalone receiver is not really available and way too expensive.

If you can get Tecsun receiver, it's really good. Though it's Chinese, it has good product line up and has sensitive tuners.

@Subbu68 ,you can listen to Akashvani with News on Air app (just FYI)

DRM - All India Radio
I have AIR app but tuning a radio is a different experience, isn't it?

Forgot TECSUN.

There was a question around , if AIR turned to DRM and receivers are not easy to get and expensive the purpose of it is lost - radio of masses".

I have AIR app but tuning a radio is a different experience, isn't it?

Forgot TECSUN.

There was a question around , if AIR turned to DRM and receivers are not easy to get and expensive the purpose of it is lost - radio of masses".
Completely agree with you about playing a real radio and on app. I am experimenting with various homemade antennas to catch radio stations better than what I am receiving today. Lol.

DRM is targeted for car radios and most of the cars come with DRM radios now. But many are still unaware of the feature is what I have found while talking to friends.

Completely agree with you about playing a real radio and on app. I am experimenting with various homemade antennas to catch radio stations better than what I am receiving today. Lol.

DRM is targeted for car radios and most of the cars come with DRM radios now. But many are still unaware of the feature is what I have found while talking to friends.
There are some loop antenna designs on the net for MW and SW. For SW the classic wire antenna outside your house works wonders.

I had tried one with a I think a 20 wire flat cable to make a 60cm dia coil, attached a tuning capacitor in parallel to Dx a few years ago. It was fun.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back