RCA(White and Red Cable) to 5.1 cable converter

vighu999

Hello All,

I have purchased a Tata Sky HD and I want to connect it to my 5.1 surround sond which has no coaxil etc.....It is A DVD Home Theatre System and it only has a RCA Auxilairy Port.....but it supports 5.1 surround sound....I was wondering as RCA is only Left and Right Speakers and the Tata Sky HD Supports 5.1 audio is there a RCA to 5.1 Converter that can convert to the 6 channels of audio.......

Thank you.

Not possible. To get six channels, you either have to transmit digital signal via coaxial, S/PDIF, HDMI, or, send six independent analog signals through six wires. if anyone says there is converter available, he is fooling you.

Cheers

Last edited:
Can you then suggest a compatible Home theatre system.....? or something like RCA to coaxil?????Please help

Last edited:
Can you then suggest a compatible Home theatre system.....? or something like RCA to coaxil?????Please help

You don't seem to understand what we are saying. A standard RCA audio cable carries only two channels. How can you convert that to 6 channels needed for a 5.1?

For this you need the source and the receiver to both have either digital connections, or six channel analogue connections.

The best you can do is to get the two channels into your HT system and use Neo6 to send the stereo signals to all speakers.

Cheers

Last edited:
You don't seem to understand what we are saying. A standard RCA audio cable carries only two channels. How can you convert that to 6 channels needed for a 5.1?

For this you need the source and the receiver to both have either digital connections, or six channel analogue connections.

The best you can do is to get the two channels into your HT system and use Neo6 to send the stereo signals to all speakers.

Cheers

But is it as good as surround sound????:sad:

anyway thanks..

Your HTIB must have a digital audio in or HDMI in for digital audio to go to the HTIB. I think there are converters available for optical to coaxial or vice versa but the prerequisite is a digital audio input in your HTIB. Further if there is no digital input (I presume that the HTIB will not be having analog ins) then there is no way you can decode the digital audio by means of the HTIB. You can safely hook up the RCA to audio L & R and let the HTIB create a pseudo soundfield.

This converter is called "Audio Video Receiver (AVR)".

You will have:

1. TATA Sky STB, this has HDMI output (HDMI cable carries both Audio and Video)
2. HDMI would connect to AVR, AVR would split Audio and Video signals
3. AVR wouls send Video to TV via another HDMI or AV cable
4. AVR would power 6 speakers and provide 5.1 sound

AVR starts from 20,000.

Hello All,

I have purchased a Tata Sky HD and I want to connect it to my 5.1 surround sond which has no coaxil etc.....It is A DVD Home Theatre System and it only has a RCA Auxilairy Port.....but it supports 5.1 surround sound....I was wondering as RCA is only Left and Right Speakers and the Tata Sky HD Supports 5.1 audio is there a RCA to 5.1 Converter that can convert to the 6 channels of audio.......

Thank you.

Why not tell the DVD Home theatre make and model? So that it will be very simple for our members to tell the best way possible to get 5.1(if it is possible)

AVRs work fine with HTIB speakers. I used my AVR with Sony HTIB speakers for quite some time before buying better ones.

Well what I mean is impedence matching & some of the HTib spk come with 3-4ohms & in some philips Htib(say 3565)centre impedence is different than fronts.So with power demanding speakers,entry level AVR can shutdown oftenly on higher volume.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back