Rec out of marantz pm6002

jaudere

Hello friends,
I need some help here.

1)Can I use the rec out sockets of pm 6002 as pre out to feed another amplifier or subwoofer?

2) will the voltage be same as line level output?

3)if there is no specific answer to it and i still try it,can it damage the amp?

I tried a search for the answer on net but could not find the answer.

I am trying something new with my open baffles. I like the bass quality but not the quantity . Its low probably because of lower sensitivity of bass drivers. So there are few options. First is to use equalizers which i dont want to do. Second is to drive the full range and tweet with marantz and drive the woofer with a separate stereo amp. I need to feed signals from marantz to this separate amp and I am unable to figure out how to do it.

I have modified my open baffles a bit by putting the woofer in a box hoping it to work as infinite baffle(hoping it because i dont know the Vas of the drivers. So i dont know whether its working as sealed enclosure or infinite baffle) while the full rangers are still on open baffles. Kind of hybrid.

If rec out cannot be used as i intend, i will need to go with another woofer Of higher sensitivity. That may improve bass but there is a chance that the bass will overpower & i wont have control over it. The advantage of using separate amp is that i can control the bass depending upon the recording and my mood.

1)Can I use the rec out sockets of pm 6002 as pre out to feed another amplifier or subwoofer?

Yes, you can connect a Subwoofer from the pre-out: I have tried it and it does work.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back