Receiver/Amplifier for 3050i

deep_blues

I recently bought a pair of QA 3050i thinking I'll pair them with my 1509.
Then I thought I'll get a 6007 & use it as a stereo set up instead
Now I have bought the x90j 65" and have decided to set this up as a separate system in my bedroom.
With a budget of around 40k max what would be my best option to set this up?
Also was thinking about a pre-loved 1609 or any 7.1/7.2 av receiver which I could use in my current 5.1 set up upgrading that & move the 1509 to my room.
Something like the Audiolab would've been perfect with its streaming/Bluetooth etc but way out of budget.
Thanks!

Now I have bought the x90j 65" and have decided to set this up as a separate system in my bedroom.
Also was thinking about a pre-loved 1609 or any 7.1/7.2 av receiver which I could use in my current 5.1 set up upgrading that & move the 1509 to my room.
Something like the Audiolab would've been perfect with its streaming/Bluetooth etc but way out of budget.
Thanks!
Earlier today one of the forumers, @Prateeksatasniya , recommended crown XLS 1502. Will that be a good recommendation in your case?

@deep_blues would suggest get a Integrated amplifier to go with the QA.

AVRs don't do justice to the way 3050i can open up as you turn up the volume. Its scales beautifully.
Don't have 2 AVRs at home, listen to a IA for music. You will understand the difference between the two.

6007 is a very good amp, has a inbuilt DAC so you can get away with a need for DAC. If later choose to have QA for movies with AVR and move them, you can get Wharfs or some bookshelves to couple up with the 6007.

You were on a good plan :D

Last edited:
AVRs don't do justice to the way 3050i can open up as you turn up the volume. Its scales beautifully.
Don't have 2 AVRs at home, listen to a IA for music. You will understand the difference between the two.
This, pls do try an Integrated Amp ( or better) AVR just doesn't do justice

Thanks!

While in most cases AVRs may not do true justice, it all depends on which models of AVRs and brands are being used and how much you expect them to perform.

I was totally into integrated amps in the past and is currently on the AVR path since past 12 years now and I have changed many brands and models. Currently stuck with the SR 5000 series from marantz which works really well for stereo and even HT duties. Due to space constraints I cannot have another rig for stereo only.

Depending on your budget, if open to pre owned or new, OLX has some good IA Amps (Denon PMA series) and even AVRs (SR Marantz series) listed. Accordingly see what favors your requirement and take the plunge

Thank
Source?
You plan to link up with your TV?

Yes would like to link it to the tv & otherwise usual source would be my phone for music
PM6007 definitely looks like the good choice for you, in terms of budget and quality. I had a PM6005 and QA 3020i for some time and it was a good combo. Presently the 3020i are connected to a NR1609 as 2nd system. But the 1609 is no match to the 600X
PM6007 can be connected to TV via optical digital in, but you cannot connect the phone directly.
One option is to add something like this to your PM6007....
This would still be almost in your budget. Quality will be pretty good for the money.
You can upgrade later to a Marantz PM7000N or Audiolab 6000A.

Last edited:
Planning to go for the Denon DRA 800 OR PMA 800. Are these good options with the 3050i & which would be better in case any one has tested? Or is the Marantz 6007; better than these?

Planning to go for the Denon DRA 800 OR PMA 800. Are these good options with the 3050i & which would be better in case any one has tested? Or is the Marantz 6007; better than these?

Have you auditioned these? Both marantz and Denon have a different sound signature. Marantz being slightly warmer and lush.

Why not consider Leak 130? Same price range and made by same parent company as Audiolab. My Audiolab 6000a drives 3050i very easily.

Not sure if you will like the vintage looks and size but it does offer USB input which most IAs lack, you can connect a laptop or phone directly.

Have you auditioned these? Both marantz and Denon have a different sound signature. Marantz being slightly warmer and lush.
Unfortunately can't audition them, in fact haven't even unpacked the 3050i yet. Liked the Dra 800 (approx 60k) as it takes care of wireless streaming as well & getting the PMA 800 for around 45
Maybe I'll just wait for Marantz prices to come down & pick something used if it comes by

Please contact Anil of Hifimart, he will help you get audition in Mumbai for all these said amplifiers. Its always better to buy after hearing it, just a suggestion..

Thanks!
Get a crown XLS 1502 /2502 amp, use its high pass filter.
Source can be tp link Bluetooth transmitter which gives very good quality for streaming.
Later you could add any streaming/Bluetooth DAC to it..
The power the crown delivers cannot be matched by integrated amps in that price bracket.

And if integrated is the way you wish to go, then opt for Yamaha ( I like it's variable loudness feature a lot) - its very useful as you can enjoy music at any volume levels.

Get a crown XLS 1502 /2502 amp, use its high pass filter.
Source can be tp link Bluetooth transmitter which gives very good quality for streaming.
Later you could add any streaming/Bluetooth DAC to it..
The power the crown delivers cannot be matched by integrated amps in that price bracket.

And if integrated is the way you wish to go, then opt for Yamaha ( I like it's variable loudness feature a lot) - its very useful as you can enjoy music at any volume levels.
Thanks I'll look into the Crown models. Any particular Yamaha model you suggest?

So I was lucky to be able to borrow a brand new 6007 from a friend for a couple of days. Compared the same with my 1509 & didn't find too much of a difference (untrained ears perhaps) especially for my kind of music (electronic/house).
So returned the 6007, set it up as originally planned & loving the 3050i so far.
Couple of queries:
1. How do I connect the x90j wirelessly with the 1509 via wifi or bluetooth?
2. Is there a break in period for the speakers?

Last edited:
So I was lucky to be able to borrow a brand new 6007 from a friend for a couple of days. Compared the same with my 1509 & didn't find too much of a difference (untrained ears perhaps) especially for my kind of music (electronic/house).
So returned the 6007, set it up as originally planned & loving the 3050i so far.
Couple of queries:
1. How do I connect the x90j wirelessly with the 1509 via wifi or bluetooth?
2. Is there a break in period for the speakers?
For your 2nd question. Yes your speaker will open up after few days. The bass will be tighter. Mids will be louder. I am using my 3050 with marantz 6005 IA

If you want to play content on the x90J and want to hear it via the 1509, you will have to connect the TV to the Receiver via a HDMI cable.
Not necessarily. The TV can be paired with the receiver over Bluetooth.

Not necessarily. The TV can be paired with the receiver over Bluetooth.
For movies ? Will it output 5.1 or Atmos ? IIRC, Bluetooth does not support surround sound formats.

I had recently connected my BIL's Samsung QN90A TV to his LG Soundbar via Bluetooth. But that was just so that the sound from TV will play on his soundbar. That was a 2.1 soundbar.

@deep_blues
But yes, I should have been clearer. Answer to the question is that you could connect your TV to the Receiver via Bluetooth but you might not get 5.1 or Atmos.

A how to video:

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back