Receiver for 6 ohm and 8 ohm speakers

Rookey

Hi Gurus,
Request help in understanding and deciding to buy a good receiver which can support my existing speakers. I have 2 Sony front speakers of 6 ohms and 3 Sony surround speakers of 8 ohms. My budget is approx 25-30 K. Main requirement is crystal clear sound and surround system.
The system would mainly be used for watching movies and connecting to STB.
Is there any place in Delhi/NCR where I can go for a demo.

Most receiver's likes of Yamaha,denon, marantz will drive those speakers. Can you be specific about the speakers model number?

Hi Gurus,
Request help in understanding and deciding to buy a good receiver which can support my existing speakers. I have 2 Sony front speakers of 6 ohms and 3 Sony surround speakers of 8 ohms. My budget is approx 25-30 K. Main requirement is crystal clear sound and surround system.
The system would mainly be used for watching movies and connecting to STB.
Is there any place in Delhi/NCR where I can go for a demo.

I assume these speakers would be part of existing sony HTIB...the compact systems.....impedance matching is tricky...either you end up over heating the avr or blowing up the speakers......

There are many dealers in delhi...visit a croma or vijay sales to get an idea of entry level systems which start within your budget range.....read posts under what should i buy section or home theatre will help you with ample information to make a wise decision....

Bottom line is to trust your ears and audition as much as possible.

I assume these speakers would be part of existing sony HTIB...the compact systems.....impedance matching is tricky...either you end up over heating the avr or blowing up the speakers......

There are many dealers in delhi...visit a croma or vijay sales to get an idea of entry level systems which start within your budget range.....read posts under what should i buy section or home theatre will help you with ample information to make a wise decision....

Bottom line is to trust your ears and audition as much as possible.
Thnx..

Most receiver's likes of Yamaha,denon, marantz will drive those speakers. Can you be specific about the speakers model number?

Speakers are Sony SS-GN-88D for front speakers and SS-RS-77D for surround ones.
Hope it helps.

I looked up the model and found this blog.http://norge-1000-gold-stereo-amplifier.blogspot.in/2011/08/anatomy-of-norge-1000-gold-stereo.html
These are the specs. from the blog.
ony SS-GN88D Speaker specification:

Speaker System: 3-way, 4-units, bass-reflex type (magnetically shielded)
Speaker Units:
Subwoofer : 8 inch X 1
Mid woofer : 3 inch X 2
Tweeter : 2 inch X 1

Rated Power : 150W per speaker
Nominal Impedance : 6 ohms
Dimension: 265 X 415 X 320 mm
Mass: 8.7 kg approx per speaker
Might need a powerful amp to drive it to the fullest.

I looked up the model and found this blog.http://norge-1000-gold-stereo-amplifier.blogspot.in/2011/08/anatomy-of-norge-1000-gold-stereo.html
These are the specs. from the blog.
ony SS-GN88D Speaker specification:

Speaker System: 3-way, 4-units, bass-reflex type (magnetically shielded)
Speaker Units:
Subwoofer : 8 inch X 1
Mid woofer : 3 inch X 2
Tweeter : 2 inch X 1

Rated Power : 150W per speaker
Nominal Impedance : 6 ohms
Dimension: 265 X 415 X 320 mm
Mass: 8.7 kg approx per speaker
Might need a powerful amp to drive it to the fullest.
WOW... Great...:p:p
Thanks...

I am planning to finalize Pioneer VSX-330 5.1CH AV Receiver. Online reviews are good but what say gurus...and will it be compatible with my Sony speakers is the question....

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back