Receiver shuts off on high volume on computers only...Tata sky works well

arnprasad

Hi..I have a Pioneer 1020K 7-8 year old receiver. My set up has remained the same and over the past week, it shuts off when I increase volume on my desktop. Googling informed me that it is a common issue that many folks have faced with some suggesting it is because of loose wiring. Now I havent checked my wiring, but when I tried increasing the volume on tata sky it doesnt have any issue. Then I thought it was a desktop issue only and not speaker wiring. So I plugged a laptop instead and again the same thing. Looks like suddenly my receiver has become allergic to computers. The only issue is to check the HDMI that connects both my desktop and laptop - that is the only common thing. Other than that I am a bit lost. Thx for all the help!

Could be cable issue.....

Also the source volume and quality from a computer / laptop is miles ahead.....accordingly you can configure the soundcard on laptop / desktop to deliver the best audio quality 96k or 192k at 8 bit or 16 bit......(Digital)

Why do you increase volume in your computer? I would just leave it at max, all enhancements disabled. Control everything in your receiver.

MaSh

Hi..yeah ..computer is always maximum. Sometimes mouse is close to hand than the receiver remote. Anyways this seems to be a freak issue..i changed the cables and now it is back to normal. I had almost decided to buy another receiver given this is quite old...now i got money to buy something else :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back