Receiver temperature 60C okay or too hot?

ravenus

Hi guys, recently I went from Norge 2060 stereo amp to Denon 540BT surround receiver. Earlier model did not have any display so I used it nearly 9 years without worry and never had any significant issues. On the Denon receiver the temperature is displayed and is usually between 55-60C. Is this okay or should I be worried? Room temperature with AC on is 25C (I am not comfortable with lower setting). I have kept blu-ray player on top of the AVR and it occupies about half the top area, so perhaps I can try to make some gap between the two to increase the open grill area, but is it required?

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
This is my current arrangement. Would be glad to to know if there are any simple measures I can take to improve the temperature.

You can keep parts from lego toys on top of the receiver and then place the blue ray player creating a gap.
check out if the 55C is Fahrenheit or centigrade (i am not aware of the ambient running temp for Denon).

This is my current arrangement. Would be glad to to know if there are any simple measures I can take to improve the temperature.

The 55 you see on the display is not the system temperature. That's the volume you've set. Change it on the remote and see it go up.

The 55 you see on the display is not the system temperature. That's the volume you've set. Change it on the remote and see it go up.
Haha I feel so stupid now. The decimal being in superscript I assumed the 0 to be the degree symbol. Thank you for the clarification :)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back