Recommend demo unit vs new unit for my home

srinivas.ganapathi

Hi all. I have been with the forum from around a month. I have been going through the threads to understand more on what kind of home theater I want to setup. This forum has helped me to gain lot of knowledge.
Coming to my setup, I have a dedicated room which is 14 x 12 feet - the screen (120 inch) will come on the 12 feet wall. I have gone thru multiple home theater demos and finally plan to go with one of below setup. Please help me to decide the right gear.
I have auditioned the gear in option 1 and I like how it sounds. I have not auditioned any of KEF speakers.
Is it ok to go with the demo units ? The speakers and sub are 3 months used and avr is 6 months used. I have checked the manufacture dates also. My budget is around 4-5 lakhs excluding projector. I’m planning to use 65 inch oled for an year and then buy projector slowly. Experts please suggest.

Option 1 : This includes buying demo units
LR- Monitor audio Silver 200 - 122,250 (after considering 25% discount)
Center - Monitor audio silver 250 - 61,500 (after considering 25% discount)
Rear surrounds 2 of them - Monitor audio Bronze FX - 37,500
Sub - Ascendo SV12 - 84,500 (after 35% discount)
Avr - Marantz 7015 - 195,000 ( considering 40% discount)

Total - 5 lakh rs.

Option 2 - brand new KEF

LR- KEF550 - 1,00,800(after considering 10% discount)
Center - KEF250C - 46800 (after considering 10% discount)
Rear surrounds 2 of them - KEF q150- 49,500
Sub - KEF Cube 12 - 85,500 (after 10% discount)
Avr - Marantz 5015 - 135,920 ( considering 20% discount)

Total - 4,18,520 rs.

Attachments

• 8F1B186F-D021-4CE0-B329-B0BB3E072BA3.jpeg
    8F1B186F-D021-4CE0-B329-B0BB3E072BA3.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 9
For demo units they are priced very high. The avr price seems to be the cost for a new one.
There are pre-owned qacoustics 3050 and Elac fronts and center for sale in the classifieds here. Better to check with them. Also better to check the prices of new avr and speakers elsewhere for your satisfaction.

Last edited:
The price for demo units u mentioned is too high..u will get better price...

For demo units they are priced very high. The avr price seems to be the cost for a new one.
There are pre-owned qaccoustics 3050 and Elac fronts and center for sale in the classifieds here. Better to check with them. Also better to check the prices of new avr and speakers elsewhere for your satisfaction.
Thankyou for your reply. I wanted to demo qaccoustics 3050i but can't seem to get the demo anywhere in hyd. Since my budget is 4.5 lakhs excluding projector, what brands can I consider?

Thankyou for your reply. I wanted to demo qaccoustics 3050i but can't seem to get the demo anywhere in hyd. Since my budget is 4.5 lakhs excluding projector, what brands can I consider?
Hi Srinivas,
Most welcome. Denon/Marantz avr's are decent especially with their room correction. Yamaha avr for movies is also good but their room correction may not be as good as Audyssey which comes with Denon/Marantz
You may need to check with other dealers in your area or look out for pre-owned items under the classified section of Hifivision.
For speakers Qacoustics, Dali, Elac, Wharfedale Mission QX series and Monitor Audio are all decent.

Regards,
Nitin

Last edited:
As you have a descent budget for the gears, why don't you take help from a professional? Since you are in Hyderabad, please check with FM @prateekatasniya he had helped few FMs of HFV.

Also like other FMs mentioned above, the quoted price is bit in the higher side.. please do check with few more vendors and make sure you do audition before buying anything.

As you have a descent budget for the gears, why don't you take help from a professional? Since you are in Hyderabad, please check with FM @prateekatasniya he had helped few FMs of HFV.

Also like other FMs mentioned above, the quoted price is bit in the higher side.. please do check with few more vendors and make sure you do audition before buying anything.
Thankyou. I have sent a DM to Prateek.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back