Recommendation for cables for my gear

krishnarendran

Hi!

After about 18 years I finally decide to put together a budget Hi Fi System for my vinyl collection as well as some of my DVD-A; SACD & CDs.

Here's the gear I have:

1. Audio Technica AT-LP60 Fully Automatic Belt Driven Turntable
2. OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player
3. Vintage NAD 3020 Stereo Integrated Amplifier
4. Mordaunt Short Carnival 6 Floorstanders

Going the whole 9 yards, I want to now use the best analog interconnects and speaker cables possible- I'm evaluating the QED Anniversary XT for speaker cables and the QED J2P.

I have quite a few audiophile vinyls (& digital media) that I want to be rendered as faithfully as possible... on a budget! lol

I want advise from my fellow forum members about the budget, performance cables and interconnects to link up the Turntable and the DVD Player to the Amp. I would also appreciate leads on where to buy online (India sites only) and local stores in Bangalore.

Thanks in advance!

Krish

For me QED is far from "the best analog interconnects and speaker cables possibl"

another thing you should note is that many of my clients (by many i just mean many; it doesnt mean majority or minority.... ) who use TT's prefer old school cables like VDH and Solid cores

you would need to settle and state a budget for any of us to advice
Youre looking at 5k and above for decent interconnects and little over that for speaker cable if you want to go with VDH

smaller budgets will get you chord and qed , DAC etc

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back