Record Store Day 2014 (19th April)

peace_sells

So tomorrow is RSD!

A short info on RSD (quote from wiki):

"Record Store Day is an internationally celebrated day observed the third Saturday of April each year. Its purpose is to celebrate the culture of the independently owned record store. The day brings together fans, artists, and thousands of independent record stores across the world"

List of RSD releases this year :

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases

Anyone looking to buy any of these? I'd love to buy the Opeth, Testament and Between the Buried and Me releases but I doubt any will be left over for online stores :sad:

Why no RSD in India guys? Lack of demand?

Last year I was in the US for both RSD's, (April and Black Friday in November). I think all in all I must have picked up over 50 RSD releases last year! This year unfortunately I am stuck here so cannot go, but my bro in law picked up 2 LPs for me out of my list.. rest was sold out. Managed to get the Flaming Lips 12" that I was excited for, so I'm pretty happy.

The trick with buying RSD items online is to wait a few months for the price to drop. Right after RSD is when ebay prices are insane, but they do go down eventually to their real value, and not the inflated hyped up value.

In Mumbai last year I think Nova Audion had a few RSD releases that they ordered. Not sure if they got anything this year. I think they only got like 3 or 4 things last year and they were pretty expensive.

Would love to have a proper RSD here in India. It's a great experience doing it in the states. For RSD last year I waited in line from 5 am till 11 am and made some good friends with fellow collectors (i.e. crazy people like me) and it was a nice vibe.

i agree with you, I think they only got like 3 or 4 things last year and they were pretty expensive. thanks
w24mVL

Last year I was in the US for both RSD's, (April and Black Friday in November). I think all in all I must have picked up over 50 RSD releases last year! This year unfortunately I am stuck here so cannot go, but my bro in law picked up 2 LPs for me out of my list.. rest was sold out. Managed to get the Flaming Lips 12" that I was excited for, so I'm pretty happy.

The trick with buying RSD items online is to wait a few months for the price to drop. Right after RSD is when ebay prices are insane, but they do go down eventually to their real value, and not the inflated hyped up value.

In Mumbai last year I think Nova Audion had a few RSD releases that they ordered. Not sure if they got anything this year. I think they only got like 3 or 4 things last year and they were pretty expensive.

Would love to have a proper RSD here in India. It's a great experience doing it in the states. For RSD last year I waited in line from 5 am till 11 am and made some good friends with fellow collectors (i.e. crazy people like me) and it was a nice vibe.

50 RSD titles last year! That's quite a haul! :eek:hyeah: I finally got hold of one 2014 RSD release :yahoo:

Opeth - Watershed
11gri3m.jpg

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back