Record Store Day Haul!

bugsnest

My first time at a Record Store Day event...Great experience, great energy, not so great on the wallet! :lol:

Couldn't get some of the records I had really wanted but this haul is not too bad either!

RSD2017

akzpro.jpg

My score from the Mumbai edition of RSD was a Columbia Legacy pressing of Miles Davis Kind of Blue, an EU pressing of Steely Dan's Aja, Leonard Cohen's You Want It Darker, The Oscar Peterson Trio Night Train, and Bill Evans Conversation With Myself:)

I've been to RSD in the US twice before. It's really insane, i waited in line from 6 am and I was still 10th in line.

This year however I celebrated it in Mumbai. They didn't have any of the current RSD titles from this year, but I did pick up some old ones and some good stuff!

Here's what I picked up:

Grateful Dead - Houston, Texas 11-18-1972 (RSD Title)
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Greatest Hits (US version cut my Chris Bellman)
Rush - Roll the Bones ( Quality pressing version)
Van Morrison - Moondance (Kevin Gray cut EU version)
Morrissey - Vauxhall and I (Limited edition GOLD coloured vinyl reissue)
Jimmy Eat World - Stay on my Side Tonight EP
Dj Shadow - Endtroducing
Imagene Peise - Atlas Eets Christmas (RSD Title)

I can attest to the insanity. I showed up about 30 minutes before the store opened and the line was around the block. At least 100 people ahead of me!

But RSD in Mumbai definitely looked very spirited based on a report I got. And you guys appear to have got a really neat haul as well. Keep the analog flag flying :)

While the Bombay event did not have access to the special commemorative RSD releases, the organisers managed to rope in Sony and Universal to bring in some 2500 titles, plus they had four crates of used vinyl for sale. Never seen so many LPs in one place in India before.
My picks:

Bob Dylan- The real Albert Hall concert ( 2 LP )
Allen Toussaint - American Tunes ( 2 LP )

I am just hoping to get the Katatonia 10" release this time. It's still not available at online stores. Hopefully by next week (i.e. if it's not sold out :indifferent14:).

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back