refurbishing BOSE acoustic mass system

ab79

hi folks,I am having an bose acousticmass speaker system,which is almost 15years old.I used it sparingly.now the satelite speakers are fine but the main module has it's front panel got seperated from main body.and also bottom side of the panel has been attacked by pests.
what should i do now?are there any service centres for these speakers ? if so please give me address or contact number.your help will be appreciated.

Going by your description of its state and the likely cost of repairs at BASS (Bose Authorised Service and Sales) ... I think it will look better at he bottom of an Aquarium with fish swimming around it ... and a crab nesting inside the shell with its pincers sticking out ... :eek:hyeah:

A Bosewreck is like a Shipwreck. :D

Edit: Oops! I had promised myself I would stay away from commenting on Bose ... :rolleyes::eek:

--G0bble
:)

Last edited:
Going by your description of its state and the likely cost of repairs at BASS (Bose Authorised Service and Sales) ... I think it will look better in an Aquarium with Fish swimming around it ... and a crab nesting inside the shell with its pincers sticking out ... :eek:hyeah:

A Bosewreck is like a Shipwreck. :D

Edit: Oops! I had promised myself I would stay away from commenting on Bose ... :rolleyes::eek:

--G0bble
:)
gobble I always love your way of writing those humorous replies.please keep posting regularly.I think it would be even better if u take to writing columns in dailies.:clapping:

Go for a new AM from Bose,better then servicing the old one.

checking with their service centre before you take the plunge for a new one will not harm in any case...who knows they might fix it for a fraction of the price of the new one...

gobble I always love your way of writing those humorous replies.please keep posting regularly.

Did you really think he is going to stop writing such posts? He will continue writing such posts and then adding that 'oops' at the end. :D

@OP, i would open the whole thing up, post the snaps on the forum,call a carpenter and ask him if he can make such a thing. If he says yes,thats great. If no, i would take it to
Bose. They are going to charge you even if you take it without opening it. So this is a nice opportunity to look into a Bose system which otherwise none of the owner would dare to open due to the price tag.

If it is the passive acoustimass system(which accepts output of an amplifier not a dvd player) that you have , I suspect that there will a pair of simple 2 way crossovers as far as the electronics goes. If it is the active system then it will be more complicated.

And dont call it as 'Acoustic mass'. Bose people may sue you for wrong nomenclature(for Acoustimass).:)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back