Refurbishing old speakers

hifijay

I have an old kenwoood music system with 5.1 speakers. The speakers are good (for surround ).

These speakers are having a normal "clip" attachment to the music system.

Is there any way by which I can use these speakers with any AVR? How should I modify it to a normal AV connector pin? Are there anything else I need to do? Will these speakers work if I use them with the AVR?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Jay

Hi, you can modify by using biwire terminal. Drivers will be damaged when the wires are soldered directly on their speaker terminals, better to use speaker lugs for hooking up drivers.Your Kenwood speakers should work well as surround component if it handles the power.

Regards, Anil

I have an old kenwoood music system with 5.1 speakers. The speakers are good (for surround ).

These speakers are having a normal "clip" attachment to the music system.

Is there any way by which I can use these speakers with any AVR? How should I modify it to a normal AV connector pin? Are there anything else I need to do? Will these speakers work if I use them with the AVR?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Jay

As I undestand from your post the speakers have a spring clip which accepts bare speaker wires.
If that is indeed so, just arrange to have banana plugs/spades or whatever the AVR speaker ouput terminals will accept while retaining the bare wire at the receiver end, thats all.
Of course, as pointed out in the above post, plz ensure that the spkrs can handle the power of the AVR at a decent vol control position.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back