Reg. a new home theater setup for 26*19 room size

samcruise

hello guys, i am trying to setup a home theater at my place. The room size is 26*19 and the height is 12ft. I need suggestions from u guys as to which projector is good fr a room of such size and what type of screen n size of it, which kind of avr, speakers and all...help is really appreciated guys...:)

With the room of this size

You can easily go with a screen of
150 inch 16:9 (dimensions 74 inch high by 131 inch wide)
The screen can be fixed, fixed curved or motorized
If you get Acoustic Fabric the speakers can be placed behind the Fixed screen

Couple of Projectors to look at Epson TW8100, Panasonic 8000- both are excellent 3D projectors

Speakerwise- Take a look at
Paradigm Studio 60 and matching rest of the speakers
Martin Logan Motion 40 Towers and matching rest of the speakers

You can match these up with the following receivers
Denon AVR 3313
Marantz 6007
Anthem MRX 500 or 700

With the room of this size

You can easily go with a screen of
150 inch 16:9 (dimensions 74 inch high by 131 inch wide)
The screen can be fixed, fixed curved or motorized
If you get Acoustic Fabric the speakers can be placed behind the Fixed screen

Couple of Projectors to look at Epson TW8100, Panasonic 8000- both are excellent 3D projectors

Speakerwise- Take a look at
Paradigm Studio 60 and matching rest of the speakers
Martin Logan Motion 40 Towers and matching rest of the speakers

You can match these up with the following receivers
Denon AVR 3313
Marantz 6007
Anthem MRX 500 or 700

I looked at the specs of tw8100 and was impressed, so probably wud think of goin ahead wid dat...how much does the tw8100 cost me including taxes, any idea?

i hav heard bowers n wilkins and it was sounding great, bt i hav no idea about other speakers, wil look into the ones u suggested...

does an avr suffice the room size, bcoz one of the dealers told me dat i need to hav a preamp/poweramp along wid avr to hav a good output, so i m confused abt dat...

how much does the tw8100 cost me including taxes, any idea?

Do a search on the forum for tw8100 - a couple of people are seeing very reasonable prices

does an avr suffice the room size, bcoz one of the dealers told me dat i need to hav a preamp/poweramp along wid avr to hav a good output, so i m confused abt dat...

The receivers that I have suggested are in the 100 Watts to 125 Watts range. They are more than capable of filling the room of your size with sound

In order to be able to hear a change in sound you need to double the power of the amplifier- so you are looking at 200 Watts to 250 Watts-- For that you would suggest a separate Preamp and Poweramp- Your budget and listening levels will dictate whether you want to go this route

thanks thtpro, wil do the search fr tw8100...if the avrs u suggested r capable of fillin the room then i wud like to go wid dem...budget wise i m thinking b/w 4-5l, so i donno if i wud b getting preamp n poweramp in dat...

thanks thtpro, wil do the search fr tw8100...if the avrs u suggested r capable of fillin the room then i wud like to go wid dem...budget wise i m thinking b/w 4-5l, so i donno if i wud b getting preamp n poweramp in dat...
Just a friendly advice. No reprimand or bulldozing. Using of SMS text language is not welcome on this forum. :)

Samcruise,

Welcome to the world of private theater at home.

Your room length is very good but the breadth is too much. With such breadth over all cost of making the room will go up to quite a extent in terms of audio/video, interiors, acoustics, air conditioning, etc so you need to tackle this breadth factor unless you are fine with increased cost which is though not called for while if you want many recliners and so on then your room breadth is on right track.

V.

hello guys, i am trying to setup a home theater at my place. The room size is 26*19 and the height is 12ft.

hi vinay, one side of the room has a door along the 19ft breadth, so that would take away 3ft and since the recliners will sit in the center another 2-3ft the other side...so basically we are left with 12-13ft for recliners and since its a dedicated home theater room, a little over the board with budget is fine i guess...:)

samcruise,

If the door opening is from outside instead of inside then the entire room width will still be 19 feet right?

Are there more then 1 door to the room?

V.

Last edited:
yes, the door opening is from outside and the width will be 19feet, you are correct. We actually have a opening for sliding door but from what i read sliding option is a big NO when it comes to acoustics, so planning to close that down by putting up a wall. What do you suggest, should i have the sliding door option or have another door or completely close that down. The positioning of that opening is along the length and it is 8ft in length and 10ft in height.

samcruise,

In order to have a good theater room it is any day better to have only one entrance door that too with the hinges and not with a floor spring.

The width of 19 feet will be quite a issue for reasons i mentioned unless they can be countered well by other respective members. The last row can easily fit with 2 recliners while the second row can easily take 3 recliners, these sittings are possible in a 12 feet width room too.

There will be a lot of suggestions which will help you to get the right path for making a great entertainment room. My best wishes.

V.

Last edited:
vinay, thank you so much...will try to keep that in mind...:)

Coming to the equipment setup, i am planning to go with epson tw8100 projector, nothing confirmed yet, just a thought but i am really confused with the variety of options with respect to speakers, avrs. I do not know what would be the best option within my price range (7.1 setup is what i intend for). please help me in this regard as well.

Samcruise,

With the huge room width it is very advantageous too because you can get a huge screen but then over all the cost could go up around 25%.

Manoj and many other members will be able to throw better light when it comes to planning the equipment's while you can get a lot of ideas from some leading gadget magazines of recent months.

V.

help me out guys...i have been doing a little research on speakers and so far have polk Lsim 705, polk Rti A9/A7, B&W 683, CM9/8, Paradigm studio 60/100 in mind...which ones are the best if my requirement is mostly movies...also would the denon 3313 or marantz 7007 suffice the power requirements of the speakers mentioned above...please let me know...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back