Rega brio & Cambridge Audio cxa61 or Audiolab 600A

heard the rega brio. Very good amp with lots of power. There is another amp from audiocontrol rialto 600. Do give them a listen. You could audition them in bangalore

Look at marantz, Yamaha, rega, audiocontrol. Best would be to audition. If you already have speakers, you need to match to that too.

Can you please give me particular model in each manufacturer.
They are all good brands. You need to check the specs, reviews, etc and do a bit of your own research based on your own requirements and preferences. What seems good to me, may not seem good to you. So please research and shortlist the models. Probably then members here can help you finalize.

MaSh

In the present condition of hifi, sound quality is just not the sole criteria for equipment selection. We have to consider service. If you go for high end, rare units, sound wise you will be more than satisfied. But once anything happen to it, if it looks good, can be used as a show piece on your shelf. Since these are not mass produced, spares are scarce. Most of them will require chip level servicing which is not easy and is expensive. I suggest you go for brands like Marantz, Yamaha, Denon etc. They sound pretty good and comparatively easier to service.
Please suggest me modes from marantz, yamaha and Denon which sounds very good .

Recently Marantz has introduced PM7000N I A with good list of features and sound quality. Denon also have similar IA PMA 1600NE which is universally acclaimed for sound quality. Both may cost upto 100K but good investment for future. In similar range Cambridge audio has recently introduced CXA81 . I have not auditioned any of this IA so its better to take audition and decide. Again the speakers will also decide which IA will work better with them but it is understood that Marantz work good with many brands of speakers.

Please suggest me modes from marantz, yamaha and Denon which sounds very good .

What kind of sound do you like the most? Bright/warm/neutral? The ones you've listed are quite bright and need some care when pairing with the speakers. I have heard the Marantz pm6006 paired with Klipsch bookshelves, and my ears cringed. So, you may have to be quite specific about what type of sound you prefer. Finally, nothing can replace auditioning the amps and speakers. Time-consuming, but lets you stay with a system for a long time.

I see you've set a budget of 80k for the amp. What speakers do you have?

What kind of sound do you like the most? Bright/warm/neutral? The ones you've listed are quite bright and need some care when pairing with the speakers. I have heard the Marantz pm6006 paired with Klipsch bookshelves, and my ears cringed. So, you may have to be quite specific about what type of sound you prefer. Finally, nothing can replace auditioning the amps and speakers. Time-consuming, but lets you stay with a system for a long time.

I see you've set a budget of 80k for the amp. What speakers do you have?
I like warm sounding Amp. Right now I have Dali zensor speakers

Its little adventures to say CA will pair well with Dali as I heard that CA are little on brighter side and Dali ( Zenser) is also brighter so they may bring more shrill . Marantz may pair well with Zenser. If you are willing to have that little extra shrill which may make music little more live CA will work best at the cost of fatigue on long listening sessions. Audition is must in this case. Have not auditioned CA with Dali but auditioned Dali with Denon.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back