Rega Brio R vs CA 651A with MS Aviano 6

haisaikat

Hi All,
I am on the lookput for a 2 channel stereo amp and have a budget of not exceeding 50K. One one side I have in mind the CA AZUR 651A that retails for 43K INR and on the other side I have Rega Brio R. In many online reviews I have seen that CA 651A beaten by rega's hype of course guided by listening experiences but what I wonder is that the CA 651A (or that series) has particular match with Aviano Series and none of the reviews have had Aviano 6. On the other side where there are tons of good comments about Rega I was wondering whether it will be underpowered for the MS Aviano 6 but then again saw on one forum that they have found better than BS kind of result when pairing a Rega Brio R with a Tannoy DC6T which is simlar to Aviano 6 in sensitivity or power handling (max). So at least now I believe that the Rega would be able to drive the Avianos. But unfortunately although I have heard the CA650 A with Aviano 6 but I do not think there will be a chance to demo Brio R with my MS Aviano. So stuck in the dilema of going which route.

Moreover the Rega does not have a Sub out (Dedicated) which the Ca 651A has but then again that will not be a problem as my sub Polk DSW Pro 660 supports speaker level inputs. Again on the other side the Rega has a Phone Stage built in although I am not sure whether that will be compatible with my Numark PT-01 USB Turntable. Also in CA 651A there is USB DAC built in but supports only 24bit/44.1 KHz and not beyond that of FLACS so this will also not be much of a use since I have to anyway look forward to a dedicated DAC in future for digital inputs.

So please help me in getting the right direction.

I too looking for an Integrated AMP in <40K range for my Focal 816. Focal 816 recommend AMP power between 20-200W. Looking at the price for any Integrated amp above 100W we may have to sell speakers to buy AMP :lol:

Onkyo 8050 is in top of the list as id doesn't need another investment for DAC or music streaming.

haisaikat,

the reviews are funny sometimes.. therefore just go with what you can audition and buy. ( esp as 50k is quite a sum ).

mpw

I also have another offer to purchase a used CA AZUR 840 A (not the v2) for 39 K which is 3 trs old and have scar marks on top plate but in working condition.

I dont think Marantz is available in Kolkata for audition, have anyone taken demo of Marantz 7004 with MS Avianos or any other speakers?

I am using PM6003 with AViano 6.... I had auditioned the CA 650 also.. Found Marantz perform better in the vocals and highs than the CA... Very musical combo... I have compared with Denon 's sound signature too (Using 1912 AVR) Marantz is comparitively Little bright-er than Denon (AVR ..don confuse with denon integrated amps)

I am using PM6003 with AViano 6.... I had auditioned the CA 650 also.. Found Marantz perform better in the vocals and highs than the CA... Very musical combo... I have compared with Denon 's sound signature too (Using 1912 AVR) Marantz is comparitively Little bright-er than Denon (AVR ..don confuse with denon integrated amps)

I have no options to demo the marantz in Kolkata. But sureley I will keep this in mind, how much is the input power consumption?

Hi haisaikat,

Maybe I am digressing from the topics being discussed here, could tell me where I can audition and buy the Rega Brio R in Kolkata. Also will be following the posts for suggestions regarding the speakers to buy with this. I have also shortlisted the CA 651a or Marantz PM 6004 with Tannoy Mercury V4.

This will be my first hifi purchase.

Chees

and on the other side I have Rega Brio R.
@haisaikat - So which amp. did you end up getting? I am researching int. amps. in the 50k category and am intrigued by the Rega. Claims of this having a tube like signature have been made by professional reviewers and was wondering if any users can verify this claim, as there is no way for me to audition this unit.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
@haisaikat - So which amp. did you end up getting? I am researching int. amps. in the 50k category and am intrigued by the Rega. Claims of this having a tube like signature have been made by professional reviewers and was wondering if any users can verify this claim, as there is no way for me to audition this unit.
Cheers,
Sid

Still on hold after I introduced ODAC in my setup. But I am also intrigued by tge reviews of rega brio r.

Sent from my Veedee E10 using Tapatalk 2

A friend of mine just picked up the last available piece. Now its seemingly out of stock.

Yes you are right. I was told that fresh stocks are expected mid jan. I hear that these are flying off the shelves in US and used ones on AudioGon last about 2 hours at-most.
Cheers,
Sid

Yes you are right. I was told that fresh stocks are expected mid jan. I hear that these are flying off the shelves in US and used ones on AudioGon last about 2 hours at-most.
Cheers,
Sid

The one my friend picked up is seemingly a recently opened demo piece with a sizeable discount thrown in. He also picked up a rega speaker - the rs3 with a musical fidelity m1 dac. I'm gonna audition it once I get back to bangalore and see how it sounds.

He wanted the rega dac but even that is out of stock it seems.

The one my friend picked up is seemingly a recently opened demo piece with a sizeable discount thrown in. He also picked up a rega speaker - the rs3 with a musical fidelity m1 dac. I'm gonna audition it once I get back to bangalore and see how it sounds.

He wanted the rega dac but even that is out of stock it seems.

Any update on this audition?

Hi All,
I am on the lookput for a 2 channel stereo amp and have a budget of not exceeding 50K. One one side I have in mind the CA AZUR 651A that retails for 43K INR and on the other side I have Rega Brio R. In many online reviews I have seen that CA 651A beaten by rega's hype of course guided by listening experiences but what I wonder is that the CA 651A (or that series) has particular match with Aviano Series and none of the reviews have had Aviano 6. On the other side where there are tons of good comments about Rega I was wondering whether it will be underpowered for the MS Aviano 6 but then again saw on one forum that they have found better than BS kind of result when pairing a Rega Brio R with a Tannoy DC6T which is simlar to Aviano 6 in sensitivity or power handling (max). So at least now I believe that the Rega would be able to drive the Avianos. But unfortunately although I have heard the CA650 A with Aviano 6 but I do not think there will be a chance to demo Brio R with my MS Aviano. So stuck in the dilema of going which route.

Moreover the Rega does not have a Sub out (Dedicated) which the Ca 651A has but then again that will not be a problem as my sub Polk DSW Pro 660 supports speaker level inputs. Again on the other side the Rega has a Phone Stage built in although I am not sure whether that will be compatible with my Numark PT-01 USB Turntable. Also in CA 651A there is USB DAC built in but supports only 24bit/44.1 KHz and not beyond that of FLACS so this will also not be much of a use since I have to anyway look forward to a dedicated DAC in future for digital inputs.

So please help me in getting the right direction.

24bit/44.1 KHz NO:) 16bit/44.1 KHz

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back