• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Rega Cursa 3 Preamp and Maia 3 Power Amp

Wharfedale EVO4.4 Speaker
Status
Not open for further replies.

bizarre

Hello folks,

Here is another sale on behalf of the friend who sold the Nuprime a few months ago. He has found a multi-fold upgrade to these, both in terms of sound quality and money. This should match the needs of someone willing to experience high-quality musical amplification with excellent refinement and warm tonality at a reasonable budget. The power amp is rated at 85wpc but was happily driving a pair of Spendor SA1 (85db sensitivity) until my friend moved the setup into a gigantic 18x28ft room to discover the need of more power. The earlier room was 12x16ft.

These were purchased new in 2008 by a fellow FM and my friend took them from him in 2014. The amps have never been repaired, nor opened. Functionally they are 10/10, physically they would be 8/10 considering the age and some scratches / marks on them (the actual condition is slightly better than pics). The friend didn't have time to clean them properly.

Power cables and remote is there, however, manual, original boxes are not available. Shipping doesn't seem like a viable option at this point.

Asking for Rs.55,000 for the combo. Piecemeal sale is not welcome, unless we get two separate confirmed buyers. Auditioning at his Navi Mumbai residence is welcome.

Thanks for looking.

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

bizarre

I'm actually amused at the response this thread has got. Trust me guys, lots of people who understand audio have listened to this pair and it's really musical. For the money, it's a good set of pre-power.

I realized after posting the thread that the last photo seem to make the amp look horrible (lots of marks) but it's not even half bad. He used a wet-tissue to clean it which is making it look all whitish. He is cleaning it properly and shall post a fresh photo over the weekend.

Review link: http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/rega_cursa2000_maia2000.htm

Thanks.

bizarre

Reducing price to Rs.50,000. Open to shipping outside Mumbai at additional cost of packaging (bubble wrap / thermocol within custom-made wooden crates) and shipping via DTDC / Blue Dart. Will insure the consignment to the equivalent of 50K, however, buyer would understand that there is going to be some risk still. Assuming the total cost of packaging and shipping to be about 3-4K.

Took some fresh pictures this morning. Uploading again.

bizarre

Willing to include packaging and shipping cost within the asking price. Rest assured, will do an excellent job of it.

Folks looking at a local pickup would get a discount in a similar proportion.

bizarre

A fellow forum gentleman visited this morning, liked the combo and took it along. It was way beyond just a sale, and three of us (my friend, I and the gentleman) see it as the beginning of a relationship for a long long time.

Thank you, everyone!

Dear mods, kindly close the thread.

square_wave

Good to hear. Some of my best friends in audio have been people who has bought something from me or vice versa !

I was wondering why there was no queue to grab these. Great entry into fantastic sounding hifi. Rega has a great reputation of building great hifi gear at reasonable prices.

bizarre

Good to hear. Some of my best friends in audio have been people who has bought something from me or vice versa!

I completely agree. How an interest brings such diverse people together!

I was wondering why there was no queue to grab these. Great entry into fantastic sounding hifi. Rega has a great reputation of building great hifi gear at reasonable prices.

I myself was amused at this. But everything happens for good. It actually found a "home" as the gentleman is a true music-lover!

Status
Not open for further replies.