Region B Bluray Player?

coaltrain

hi folks

i've searched hfv without much luck, hence posing this question:
does anyone know how to procure a region B bdp in india? any info on dealers in india, or websites that will ship from uk to india, would be highly appreciated.

thanks in advance!

Why Region B now, Still you need Pick from Amazon UK you will get the same shipped to your doorstep..

Looks like Region free are also available locally( read here in forum) for cheaper price. Look out for that too.

Regards

thanks for the quick reply, srinisundar!

unfortunately, amazon uk will not ship electronics to india.
regarding region free: i've already got a region A sony s380 for 6.9k and a region C s370 for 9.8k. as all blurays sold here are region free, the s370 will be gifted shortly. so, i just need region B for blurays that are not available in the us. (the big blue is one example)
a sony s380 is about gbp90 in uk. so, 2 players for rs.14k is the cheapest region free option :)

thanks for the quick reply, srinisundar!

unfortunately, amazon uk will not ship electronics to india.
regarding region free: i've already got a region A sony s380 for 6.9k and a region C s370 for 9.8k. as all blurays sold here are region free, the s370 will be gifted shortly. so, i just need region B for blurays that are not available in the us. (the big blue is one example)
a sony s380 is about gbp90 in uk. so, 2 players for rs.14k is the cheapest region free option :)

Sorry about amz.Uk, thought they will follow their couterparts in USA like shipping to India.:sad:

Have you checked about any options available for modding any of your players you are having?

Or else throw(gift) the both players and buy one Panasonic or Sony BD player for which cheaper modding options were available.:)

I have been scouting for region free and dual voltage (110v/230v) Blue ray players here in the US. The region free players are quite pricey (about $200) as compared to the region locked players (about $60).
Is it a good idea to buy a region locked player and get it to modded to make it region free in India, if at all possible?

Guys, you can get a blu ray player for Amazon.uk. I did, I got Panasonic DMP-BDT110EB 3D Blu-ray Disc Player from amazon.uk directly to Bangalore. No issues whatsoever. I didn't want to invest lot of money on Region free player , already I have a region A PS3 so I'm covered for A,B. I don't mind about Region C discs....Also in future if I want I can mod pana very easily, though it will cost lot of money...

thanks for all the feedback, folks. mighty helpful!

@manny9
that's good to hear as i'm in b'lore, too! did you have to pay any customs duty when it arrived? and, how long did the shipment take to get here? it's odd that the site specifically states that electronics will only be shipped to uk and europe. will certainly try my luck now :)

btw, check out this site to ascertain which blurays are region locked:
Blu-Ray Region Code Info

thanks for all the feedback, folks. mighty helpful!

@manny9
that's good to hear as i'm in b'lore, too! did you have to pay any customs duty when it arrived? and, how long did the shipment take to get here? it's odd that the site specifically states that electronics will only be shipped to uk and europe. will certainly try my luck now :)

btw, check out this site to ascertain which blurays are region locked:
Blu-Ray Region Code Info

Hi coaltrain

I think the model he is referring to is sold directly by the amazon and not from a third party vendor hosting his sale thru amazon. If you find the model from amazon (where it would written as sold by amazon.uk) then you can directly get it shipped to Bangalore with the shipping/customs included in the total order amount.
Hope this helps

Thanks.

that's a big help, manniraj :) will check it out.

thanks, prithvi. but i'm sure an arcam bdp costs an arm, leg and several other body parts! :)

Ha!HA! It sure does, its about Rs 96,120/- incl of 14% KVAT. We have sold many of these wonderful players and I also compared it to my reference Oppo player and the picture and sound is better than the Oppo. It also is a multi-region DVD player. With a 5-years warranty.

Ha!HA! It sure does, its about Rs 96,120/- incl of 14% KVAT. We have sold many of these wonderful players and I also compared it to my reference Oppo player and the picture and sound is better than the Oppo. It also is a multi-region DVD player. With a 5-years warranty.

Yep, it is an reference player:)

For this price, Coaltrain will get 3 BD players(total 9 players) each of all region once again just to throw the chapatis (referring to onida adv) inside:)

Last edited:
@coaltrain, amazon collects customs and deducts VAT. So you will not have any issues in customs clearance. And generally amazon.uk ships via DHL and it reached in 5 days. I suggest u take buy Panasonic DMP-BDT110EB, its a good player at a reasonable cost. I guess for arcam I need to sell my TV and home theatre system :)

@coaltrain, amazon collects customs and deducts VAT. So you will not have any issues in customs clearance. And generally amazon.uk ships via DHL and it reached in 5 days. I suggest u take buy Panasonic DMP-BDT110EB, its a good player at a reasonable cost. I guess for arcam I need to sell my TV and home theatre system :)

Hi Manny,

I tried to place the order for the same in Amazon UK. But shipping to India is not possible even though the same is sold and shipped by Amazon. How come u placed order for the same??

I tried buying pana dmp 210 on amazon.de but no shipping to India.! Denon dbp1611ud is shipping. List price is 299. Also tried ps3. It's showing 219 delivered to india. VAT was deducted, packIng shipping added, but customs advance wasn't. So was sceptical to place the order.

I am not sure , i checked now and they are not shipping to India. Guess i got lucky :) You can use Shop and ship to get it to india if you have a membership...

I too managed to buy panasonic 110 from amazon.uk before a month. The shipment reached me within 4 days. But unfortunate for you, I checked the site now and it says this bluray player cannot be shipped to india. When I bought my player, I first tried to buy 310, but at that time, it was not available for shipping to india, but now, after they stopped free shipping of bluray disks to india, they have also stopped selling panny bluray players to india. Thats too bad for many of us, who purchased a lot of region B disks.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back