Region free mods for Oppo players

balu613

I have the Oppo BDP-83 and Oppo BDP-95 blu-ray players, both of them bought in the U.S. without any firmware mods. Has anyone installed region-free hacks successfully on either of them? I seldom (if ever) upgrade the firmware on these players, so I am not too concerned about the hack being overwritten - my only concern is that the players remain stable after the firmware mod.

I have the Oppo BDP-83 and Oppo BDP-95 blu-ray players, both of them bought in the U.S. without any firmware mods. Has anyone installed region-free hacks successfully on either of them? I seldom (if ever) upgrade the firmware on these players, so I am not too concerned about the hack being overwritten - my only concern is that the players remain stable after the firmware mod.

Yes, the players remain stable after the hardware mod if it is properly done.

I do own a hardware mod, which you plug into the Serial interface of BDP-95. Few key commands from remote and you are good to go. If you are not interested, you can just remove the pluggable mod and keep it aside. No damage done to the player.

~Cheers

I see modify kits in the range of 40 to 150 USD across ebay.com and bluraychip.dk.
Is there any reason to go for a costly one over the 39.99 USD in the above post. Does it work normally ?

I have decided to get one of these from US. Members pls share ur experiences.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back