• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Region Free Sherwood BDP 5004 Blu-Ray Player and Harmony 525 URC

Wharfedale Speakers
Status
Not open for further replies.

baijuxavior

I'm putting the following two products for sale

1. Sherwood BDP 5004 Region Free Blu-Ray Player

This is a great player which is region free for both blu-rays and dvds. I have tested region B disks (LOTR extended) on this player and they worked very well. Region can be changed using remote control. In addition it also plays mp4, mkv, divx files. It can play vcds too. Supports only FAT partition. It has 7.1 analog out which is very useful for those having only analog 5.1 amplifier.

Date of Purchase - I bought it from another FM approximately one year back. http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner/17854-sherwood-bluray-player-bdp-5004-relisting.html
Product condition - I will give a 8/10, but it looks as good as a new one. The scratches visible in the images are actually on the plastic coating which I haven't removed yet.
Reason for sale - The player is lying unused.
Purchase Price - Rs.8K
Asking price - 7K (with free shipping).
Original packing is available. I will also add a free HDMI cable.
Shipping - DTDC or Professional couriers.
Payment options - Online transfer, Deposite in account, IMPS.

2. Logitech Harmony 525 Universal Remote Control

This is a must have device if you find it difficult to manage your remote controls. I had put this for sale previously, but closed the thread thinking I will use it. But unfortunately it is almost three months since I have used this remote. I'm happy with individual remote controls.

Purchase date - 02/11/2011. Purchased from letsbuy.com.
Purchase Price - Rs.2,844/-
Bill & Warranty - Warranty is for two year. So 1.5 years still remain. Letsbuy invoice available.
Product condition - 10/10 - Absolutely no scratch or marks of usage. Wrapped in plastic from day one.
Accessories - Driver CD, Product Manual and original package.
Reason for sale - Not using the product
Selling Price - Rs. 2000/- including free shipping.
Shipping - DTDC or Professional couriers.
Payment options - Online transfer, Deposite in account, IMPS.

Image:

For more details and images you can see my old sale thread.

Special offer - buy both for 8.5K only.

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

anm

iirc, there were some issues with the player when you purchased. Pls correct if I am wrong.

Reactions: akd

akd

I am seriously looking for a extremely budget A+B+C BDP, this one seems fine but would like to know what "anm" has pointed out
what is the functionality of the screen of the universal remote?
very useful and cost effective offer

Arnab

dillihifi

@ anm I think it was another member iirc vinod who had some probs with his sherwood bdp. This one should be fine but i am not sure. Baiju would appreciate some feedback.

baijuxavior

iirc, there were some issues with the player when you purchased. Pls correct if I am wrong.

Believe me, there is absolutely no problem with this player for disk playback. The problem you mentioned is actually with another user's (sukhas) player of the same model. I have nothing to hide and I would point out a few problems (?) that I faced with this player:

1. Remote control interfered with my John Barrel 5.1 HT, like when I press the play button the HT will turn off. This is due to the fact that both the HT and player use same IR code for some functions. This is no more a problem since I upgraded to AVR. Moreover this problem may be with this particular HT only. There is no interference with any of my other devices.

2. AAC audio decoding is not in correct order while using the 5.1 analog out only. But it can be overcome easily by remuxing the mp4 aac file to mkv aac format. This is not a problem if you have AVR. AAC audio is sent as LPCM in correct channel order through HDMI.

3. The disk transport mechanism makes some kind of noise initially. This is a known problem with this model as you can see from many other forum reviews. This sound is there only initially. After a few minutes, this sound subdues.

4. The bright blue light on the front display can be quite irritating especially in dark rooms.

5. No NTFS, FLAC support. Not a problem since I use HTPC.

Hi Baiju,
The remote is mine this time. Tried for it last time, remember?

Remote control reserved for sreekanth.

baijuxavior

what is the functionality of the screen of the universal remote?
Arnab

The screen is where you see your 'activities'. It also acts as a home for other keys that are not assigned to the front keys.

anm

thanks for clearing this baiju. I am sorry if I derailed the thread. Given that this is trouble free, I am thinking of taking it for myself as I do not have a player in one of my rooms.

akd

I am taking it, can't wait for a region free BDP as need to build a BD collection, PM sent, waiting for the reply

baijuxavior

Player sold to Arnab (akd) and remote control to Dr.Sreekanth. I will close the thread once they acknowledge the receipt.

sreekanth

Hi Baiju,
Received the remote in good condition. Looks as good as new! Functioning proplerly, but looks like i need to get used to it. Thank you!

baijuxavior

^^ Thanks. If you need any assistance in configuring the remote, don't hesitate to contact me. You may need to remove the devices and activities that I have added.

baijuxavior

Thanks Dr. Sreekanth and Arnab. It was a pleasant experience to deal with both of you.

received the player, as promised with free shipping.

No more free shipping offer and shipping to NE states or remote locations in the future if I ever put anything for sale. Shipping charge for the 7K blu-ray was shockingly very high - 1K. I shipped a 12KG AVR a few months back for servicing to chennai just for 1.2K. Never expected such a high price for the 5kg package.

Status
Not open for further replies.