Rel Subwoofer + Marantz pm6005

Kakaroto Hi-Fi

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance for the help.

I have a Marantz pm6005 that I connect 2 Wharfedales 225 via output A and It works wonderfully.

However, I wanted to have more bass in the system and after reading a lot about subwoofer I decided to get a Rel t5i subwoofer to complete my system.

After connecting the cables (as you see on the pic) the subwoofer does not provide any kind of sound just a humming noise. I already tried to connect the black cable on the negative speaker out but it also did not work.

Does someone has any advice for me? I really want to make it work!! lol :rolleyes:

Thank you once again and have a wonderful 2018!

Attachments

• pm6005.jpg
    pm6005.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 101
  • Rel t5i.jpg
    Rel t5i.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 99
try to take connection from the same terminals as the speakers, at pesent the photo shows wire is wrongly connected that is both positive terminal. after connecting increase the volume knob on the sub woofer

It should be indeed two positive terminal, but to the terminals where speakers are connected already. Do connect the black one to one of the negatives. Then follow the manual for phase, crossover, volume settings. It should work

Hi Guys,

I have a Marantz pm6005 that I connect 2 Wharfedales 225 via output A and It works wonderfully.

However, I wanted to have more bass in the system and after reading a lot about subwoofer I decided to get a Rel t5i subwoofer to complete my system.

After connecting the cables (as you see on the pic) the subwoofer does not provide any kind of sound just a humming noise. I already tried to connect the black cable on the negative speaker out but it also did not work.

Does someone has any advice for me? I really want to make it work!! lol :rolleyes:

Hi

Please read and refer to the manual.....clear instructions are given....please be careful and double check....else you land to blowing up the amp....

https://2y2ro62wfbas3svllg2i0s1t-wp...ntent/uploads/2016/09/REL_Serie_Ti_Manual.pdf

Ideally speaking a sub with High Level and Low Level (manual) connections is to be used for Stereo amps......however, REL seems to have some workaround.....try it...

All the best...

Mr Karkoroto, will you please show me the latest connection photos...i am have with me marantz srereo pm 6006 and buying Rel 7 i

What connection you did at subwoofer side?
Also have you connected ground properly?
If sw has speaker level in,then is there any switch to select it?

Hi Guys,

With this kind of connection, you are using both A&B terminals. Does it mean you have to play in A+B mode on the amp, which means your speakers must be 8 ohms.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back