Reliable and proven entry level avr in the market today

square_wave

Hey Folks,

Need some help.

A good friend is planning to pick up an entry level avr. He needs the following:

- 3 or 4 hdmi ins
- Should be able to switch all these hdmi sources from the receiver
- His current setup is two channel ( planning an upgrade to multi channel later ) so the receiver should be able to work in two channel mode ( multi channel info from hdmi should be down-mixed to 2 channel in this mode)

From what I understand from HT enthusiasts, there are too many problematic entry level avrs out in the market..

What are some good / reliable models that we should be looking at ? Budget is20k thereabouts -- used or new.

You can consider Pioneer VSX 323/523, Denon X500, Yamaha RX V 375... They might be slightly expensive by 5K....But that is the bare minimum that one has to spend for an entry level AVR....Onkyo models might be expensive...Plz cjeck Onkyo 313....

If your friend is going to use this as a stereo setup, he can very well do them by setting that other speakers as NO in the AVR menu... This way the signal is received & down-mixed by the AVR & not by the source component....

A month ago, I was also on the lookout for an entry level AV receiver for a friend. I was cautioned against entry-level Pioneers by a trusted repair technician, so I went with a Denon X-500.

A month since the purchase my friend is very happy with the sound and feature set. His only minor gripe is the lack of a USB port on the receiver (offset by two usb ports on the tv).

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back