Removing a scratch on a lg tv

wmxsk

Guys,

Need your help hiding this(image attached) scratch on my tv caused by a kid at home.

The tv is lg C2.

What could I do?

Thanks,
SK

Attachments

• IMG_20221219_114624~2.jpg
    IMG_20221219_114624~2.jpg
    844.7 KB · Views: 38
That does not look like a scratch but a deep tear. You can try using petroleum jelly and rub the area with microfiber cloth but I doubt that will make this scratch disappear. You may need professional help probably if the screen is protected with a thin coating of polyethene it can be removed and recoated by service person.

if you have an insurance from LG they would help, since it is C2 and fairly new they would have provided one.

If on the screen, it is most probably a tear on the polarizing screen on the glass. The original polarizer can be removed and new one stuck but this requires dust free environment and expertise to have a bubble free work. What you see is possibly the backlight coming through.

If on the screen, it is most probably a tear on the polarizing screen on the glass. The original polarizer can be removed and new one stuck but this requires dust free environment and expertise to have a bubble free work. What you see is possibly the backlight coming through.
There is no polariser. It's an OLED.

There is no polariser. It's an OLED.
Not true. Only the rear polarizer is dispensed with. Front polarizer is still needed. See link below

Polarizer less OLEDs are under development though and mainly for phones

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back