Replace home theater system with bluray player

lordvoldemort

Hi guys,

First let me give you a little background

TVSony Bravia Led 32"
HOME THEATER SONY DVD Home theater
WANT TO BUYSONY BLU-RAY player

My tv is synced with home theater so that the sound output is given to home theater system.

My problem

Now I want to buy ONLY a blu-ray player as my home theater is working perfectly but lacks support to most of the modern codecs that are used to encode movies. E.g.I want to play movies in mkv,mp4 format and so on.

What I want to know

If I buy a blu-ray player and just connect it via HDMI to my TV then will there be any problem with sound output?I mean keeping the existing system as it is i.e. Sound output of TV to Hometheatre

OR

Do I need to connect the speakers to my blu-ray player too? This is not possible because the blu-ray player as only one slot for digital output whereas my hometheatre has connection for individual speakers

So what should I exactly do??:sos::sos:

For better understanding I will upload some pictures.

Attachments

• 1322178945_283733414_1-Pictures-of--DAV-DZ290K-SONY-HOME-THEATER.jpg
    1322178945_283733414_1-Pictures-of--DAV-DZ290K-SONY-HOME-THEATER.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 88769.jpg
    88769.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 112
  • sony-bdp-s4100.jpg
    sony-bdp-s4100.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 112
  • BDP-S4100-Rear-.jpg
    BDP-S4100-Rear-.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 113
  • existing.jpg
    existing.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 111
The only problem u ll have is u ll get 2 channel sound for whatever u play in ur blu ray player. If u can live with that, go for it.

This is based on the assumption that there is no optical /coaxial input in ur DVD home theatre rear. i cannot make out from the pic and so i am certain its not there.

The DVD-based home theater has no external inputs - no HDMI-In, no Coaxial Digital-in, no optical-in. Hence it is completely useless for the BDP as you cannot connect the BDP to this HTiB. You can connect BDP directly to TV and as stated above you will get sound from TV speakers only.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back