Replacement Lamp for Benq W1700

ankitbhargava

Hi,

I am seeking reliable connect to purchase replacement Lamp for my Benq W1700
Any help appreciated :)

TIA

Contacted few online vendors but this is not available, please help :)
Previously when Aliexpress was open, I used to purchase my Epson lamps from them. Now you can try "ebay.com". Btw the OEM lamps from Aliexpress were less trouble than the original Epson lamps and used to cost 10% of the original lamp cost. Epson lamp cost was INR 24 k and Aliexpress with shipping was INR 2.5 K

Previously when Aliexpress was open, I used to purchase my Epson lamps from them. Now you can try "ebay.com". Btw the OEM lamps from Aliexpress were less trouble than the original Epson lamps and used to cost 10% of the original lamp cost. Epson lamp cost was INR 24 k and Aliexpress with shipping was INR 2.5 K
Why not buy it from the company.the lamp prices have gone down a lot.
Epson 9400 which was earlier 24 is now 7.5k.
Be q lamp prices are more expensive than Epson.

Just got 2 contacts, selling Philips lamp for Rs. 3400 approx
I need to check the housing physically and confirm from vendor if the lamp they are selling fit in.

I am surprised that we are able to get OEM philips bulb for Benq in <3500rs range(Have purchased 2 already). Earlier days panasonic Ae1000 no name Chinese bulbs used to cost 2500rs and the colours are off compared to oem bulb.

The Benq W1700 is a great projector for stress free watching. No eyestrain and no rainbow effect. Well calibrated colours out of the box. All you need to do is put a circular polarizer filter to enhance the contrast to make it even better.

I am surprised that we are able to get OEM philips bulb for Benq in <3500rs range(Have purchased 2 already). Earlier days panasonic Ae1000 no name Chinese bulbs used to cost 2500rs and the colours are off compared to oem bulb.

The Benq W1700 is a great projector for stress free watching. No eyestrain and no rainbow effect. Well calibrated colours out of the box. All you need to do is put a circular polarizer filter to enhance the contrast to make it even better.
how do you add a circular polariser to the projector?
is it a standard part? and also won't the brightness come down drastically?

how do you add a circular polariser to the projector?
is it a standard part? and also won't the brightness come down drastically?
It is not a standard part for projector, it is basically a 55mm? lens meant for DSLR cameras. It will bring down the brightness 2 notches but improve the contrast and make the picture look like a million bucks. Professional isf calibrators use this for quick fixes. Instead of lens, plastic film is also used if there are mounting issues based on lens size and placement on projector.

It is not a standard part for projector, it is basically a 55mm? lens meant for DSLR cameras. It will bring down the brightness 2 notches but improve the contrast and make the picture look like a million bucks. Professional isf calibrators use this for quick fixes. Instead of lens, plastic film is also used if there are mounting issues based on lens size and placement on projector.
This is fantastic if it works, will try, Thanks! @rrunner

This is just an approximation of what colour change you can expect with the circular polarization filter. The image on left will look like the one with filter, it will remove the blue tinge which is apparent in default form.
Not sure if it changes color, i use CPL regularly on my camera for shoots, it only cuts off the polarised light ( reflections) and improves contrast, will try the CPL on the projector and update

This is just an approximation of what colour change you can expect with the circular polarization filter. The image on left will look like the one with filter, it will remove the blue tinge which is apparent in default form.
Polarisation filter alone will never do such kind of color correction.

Since it is difficult for me to post pictures before and after the filter I used above video as an example.The video is just an approximation don't take it literally. Main thing is improving contrast for projectors with poor contrast, adding the filter forms a baseline where with a few colour settings tweaks it is possible to improve the picture to a great extent.

Since it is difficult for me to post pictures before and after the filter I used above video as an example.The video is just an approximation don't take it literally. Main thing is improving contrast for projectors with poor contrast, adding the filter forms a baseline where with a few colour settings tweaks it is possible to improve the picture to a great extent.
Though now I have replaced the Projector and using BenQ in kids room, I am still not happy with the brightness level. Kids room is smaller and the screen size which I could achieve is also less than 100 inches.

Though now I have replaced the Projector and using BenQ in kids room, I am still not happy with the brightness level. Kids room is smaller and the screen size which I could achieve is also less than 100 inches.
This projector requires 16-18 feet of throw distance for a big size screen. I am able to achieve 100inch with 12 feet throw. Since the lumens are low (comparatively)it needs a light controlled room to enjoy it, with the higher lumen models in benq within same category you lose colour accuracy over picture brightness.

I recently had a sony es390 professionally installed at a cousin's place. No offense to the sony sxrd owners but what I noticed beyond the initial wow factor was the film grain and sparkliness of the picture was a turn off for me. It may be good for occasional movie watching but if I have to use it like a regular tv like 3-4 hours a day like my benq it would cause me too much eyestrain.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back