Replacement tweeter for arphi speaker

sdk

Hi,

I received a pair of Arphi Aquarius speakers from a friend today.

One of the speakers has a missing tweeter.

Please can anyone guide me as to where and what type of tweeter I need to buy as a replacement

Or should I be buying four and replacing all?

Regards

Hi

Bolton Tweeters were used in Arphi speakers...

Visit Lamington Road and purchase Peerless Tweeters which will give the same effect.....purchase one and check....if there is a lot of difference, the replace all.

Thank you for your reply

Is there any particular model or specification that I must ask for?

Just just cut out the other one and show them?

Arphi speakers are full range and in high sensitivity . So, they would hardly be needed tweeters. Is there any difficulty to find a matching tweeters, then you can use without tweeters.

I have used the Aquarious few decades back, They have good full range drivers. Just shed the tweeters completely and seal the openings for the tweeters.
Completely replace the old glasswool damping from inside as it would have crystallized by now. Also bypass the inductor wired to the full rangers.

I have used the Aquarious few decades back, They have good full range drivers. Just shed the tweeters completely and seal the openings for the tweeters.
Completely replace the old glasswool damping from inside as it would have crystallized by now. Also bypass the inductor wired to the full rangers.

Thank you so much for your suggestion

I have not opened it yet to check the stuffing inside

How do I determine the type, amount of stuffing needed?

Years back handling glass wool led to a massive amount of itching. Is there any substitute that is easier on the skin?

Regards

Hi

Bolton Tweeters were used in Arphi speakers...

Visit Lamington Road and purchase Peerless Tweeters which will give the same effect.....purchase one and check....if there is a lot of difference, the replace all.
Sorry to be blunt but this is bad advice and is a random shot in the dark!
Which Peerless tweeters? What type? Do you know the HP frequency the Aquarius was crossed over at? Even if you knew, how do you know that this Peerless tweeter that you recommend will handle power at and above frequencies of the crossover? Have you considered the sensitivity of the original and this Peerless? You suggest replacing just one first? Really???!!!
I can go on and on but suffice it to say to the OP - DO NOT take this advice!

Sorry to be blunt but this is bad advice and is a random shot in the dark!
Which Peerless tweeters? What type? Do you know the HP frequency the Aquarius was crossed over at? Even if you knew, how do you know that this Peerless tweeter that you recommend will handle power at and above frequencies of the crossover? Have you considered the sensitivity of the original and this Peerless? You suggest replacing just one first? Really???!!!
I can go on and on but suffice it to say to the OP - DO NOT take this advice!

Well Keith....all are here to advice and I do have friends who own Arphi speakers and we did replace with pearless tweeters.......as Bolton was not available. It worked well.

It is no advice random shot in the dark............

Let me know how many really considered sensitivity or crossover technicalities in the 80s and 90s?

The Boltons were 15 to 20 watts.......

I said to replace the missing one and if he finds it works in his favour....then he has the choice to replace....

With due respect to everyone's intelligence and knowledge....lets not get personal here.......you can word you suggestion a bit better!

With due respect to everyone's intelligence and knowledge....lets not get personal here.......you can word you suggestion a bit better!
You ought to re-read my post - I did not get personal at all but if you FEEL that I got personal then I apologize because that was not my intention. There's no other way of telling someone not to take advice than actually telling someone not to take advice, which I did.
:D

You ought to re-read my post - I did not get personal at all but if you FEEL that I got personal then I apologize because that was not my intention. There's no other way of telling someone not to take advice than actually telling someone not to take advice, which I did.
:D

Well....I read your post carefully before I reverted it seemed that way......there is no point snowballing here to anyone....if the post is offensive...report it and one feels that he has better advice, then he can give it straight on to the OP....end of the day the OP will take or not take the ideas or advice....his final call....

Hi,

I received a pair of Arphi Aquarius speakers from a friend today.

One of the speakers has a missing tweeter.

Please can anyone guide me as to where and what type of tweeter I need to buy as a replacement

Or should I be buying four and replacing all?

Regards
Hi guys,

I removed the other tweeter from the speaker

As you can see there are no markings of any sort

Any leads on what I should ask for and any shops in lamington road that I can show to

My neighbour took it to a shop near his house who told him that he can get me a plastic Chinese tweeter of this size, but won't sound the same for Rs 150

What should I do next?

Try and get a replacement?
Tape the wires of the other and reattach this one?
Like one suggestion, use without any tweeters?

Attachments

• IMG-20190617-WA0015.jpeg
    IMG-20190617-WA0015.jpeg
    951.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG-20190617-WA0012.jpeg
    IMG-20190617-WA0012.jpeg
    741.4 KB · Views: 37
Like I said these are Bolton Tweeters and are not easily available.

If you are able to determine the impedance of this one then get one for each LEFT and RIGHT cabinet ...20 watts rms each

Hi guys,

I removed the other tweeter from the speaker

As you can see there are no markings of any sort

Any leads on what I should ask for and any shops in lamington road that I can show to

My neighbour took it to a shop near his house who told him that he can get me a plastic Chinese tweeter of this size, but won't sound the same for Rs 150

What should I do next?

Try and get a replacement?
Tape the wires of the other and reattach this one?
Like one suggestion, use without any tweeters?
Out from Grant Road station on the East side, turn right, walk under the bridge and then walk left. On that lane you will find many shops selling PA speakers. Ask them if they can identify this tweeter and provide replacements - you might get lucky since some of those guys are surprisingly knowledgeable and resourceful.

If you are able to determine the impedance of this one then get one for each LEFT and RIGHT cabinet ...20 watts rms each
How only knowing the impedance will help. There are a number of other factors that go into choosing a speaker to match a particular woofer in a crossover. Speakers are not simple drop-in replacement.

How only knowing the impedance will help. There are a number of other factors that go into choosing a speaker to match a particular woofer in a crossover. Speakers are not simple drop-in replacement.

In the 90s how many of us really did research and made purchases? I owned the Arphi Amp AA140 and Super Challenger speakers then and so I know through my experience what I did then for replacing tweeters or the woofer......Bolton stopped making tweeters and thats where peerless Tweeters worked as replacement.

Its only offlate now that most of us are in the 4k Atmos Digital world ...we do a lot of research before any purchase etc.....end of the day some of us want to make the U Turn to go back to good old stereo Analog systems which were great then.

Anyways, the OP knows the location to Lamington Road (Grant Road E) He can visit the many dealers there....the oldest being CK Electronics.

we are not in the 90s

I think the OP is trying to fix something which belongs to the 90s......you cannot use the same solution or resolution for all challenges!

I would suggest to stop getting into an exchange of knowledge and experience with me. All are here to advise and help each other....no one is Superior or God! Over the years, I have seen many who like WITCH HUNTING, please avoid it!

Mods can amend the thread as appropriate as I see that there is clear intent to digress from the main topic!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back