Replacing Bad Caps - ViewSonic Monitor

sbg

I've got my PC monitor "dead" for the last few months. By dead, I mean, the monitor flickers for a few seconds and switches off. And initially I thought , this could be some switch/power on button. so Ripped open the unit only to find these are ok so going one additional depth, opened up the inner casing for the electronics to find few of the capacitors bulging out. I'm not familiar with Electronics and Electrical dept , but can handle Solder, understand the basics of these.
So am I correct replacing the Caps will help? or should I be visiting SPRoad to get fixed.
Here are the images for ref.
01.jpg

main board after the second metal case is opened.
02.jpg

The back ones are the ones bulging out.( green colored caps seems fine )
03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

few details on the brand and temp on few
07-1.jpg

the rating that I could see.

Suggestions and advice are appreciated
- on what all can be replaced, brand etc and what all can be sourced in bangalore.
Can put in additional details if needed.
Thanks.

I think changing bad caps with same values should solve your problem.This is a common problem with monitors.Panasonic Electrolytes are good if you can find them in Banglore.

Regards,
Sachin

I faced monitor dead issue in my Viewsonic monitor last year, Which has similar Power supply.

I tried to repair myself. I changed the MOSFETs (did not get same so used equivalent) but no luck.

Got it repaired from repair shop and got charged Rs 2200/-

Later I found the SMPS is easily available on ebay.com from multiple HK and chinese sellers for Rs 1500-2000.

So it would be better to get a new SMPS instead of paying >2k to local repairers.

Getting repaired @other place is the last options - but will consider when needed and have time to run around.

SP Road guys Repairs statistics do not go well with me, so Better off DIY else Thrash it away than to lug around and not be sure how much for the repair and at what guarantees.

But "new SMPS" sounds interesting - was not aware of this.

is the Temperature ratings also important? - when we say same value.

Temperature rating is given for max rated life at that given temperature, e.g. 3000 hrs at 105 deg C etc. if you use it at lesser temperature than rated then it will last longer. If you use part of lesser temperature then it will go kaput immediately or anytime. So use one with equal or more temperature rating.

Successfully replaced the capacitors and the monitor running good.
Thanks for assistance guys.
20121031_093715.jpg

In all Rs.40/- was the expense to make the monitor run again. - No Panasonic caps. While Amar Radio sells only in 100s, Keltron did not have all the caps( salesman said they are better than panasonic).

Also got to meet Door666 while on SP road. Actually , I was greeted with a conversation at Amar Radio which sounded like an extension of "home brew pcbs..." related to recent post bout pcbs Drills! ( they do not keep drill bits but only the drill :) ) , then met him at vishal.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back