Required specs!

Kowju's

Suggests me best required specs for bookshelf speakers?

I heard that 89+ Sensitivity is good for speakers isn't it??

But there are many famous bookshelf speakers have 86-88 db sensitivity!! Please explain and help me to find right bookshelfs!

My interest in 50-50 music n movies.

Share your opinion on MAGNAT TEMPUS 33 and 22 Center as they have decent spec score.. Even they are in my budget!!

Suggests me best required specs for bookshelf speakers?

I heard that 89+ Sensitivity is good for speakers isn't it??

But there are many famous bookshelf speakers have 86-88 db sensitivity!! Please explain and help me to find right bookshelfs!

My interest in 50-50 music n movies.

Share your opinion on MAGNAT TEMPUS 33 and 22 Center as they have decent spec score.. Even they are in my budget!!
Hi...

Sensitivity is just a number. And it should not be the only deciding factor for a speaker purchase. There are other things at play, such as impedence etc. But that discussion can probably wait for later.

1. What is your room size and listening distance.
2. What kind of music do you listen to.
3. Do you play really loud.
4. What amplification do you have presently.
5. What is your budget for speakers.

Once you share the above, it will be easier for members to suggest.

Hi...

Sensitivity is just a number. And it should not be the only deciding factor for a speaker purchase. There are other things at play, such as impedence etc. But that discussion can probably wait for later.

1. What is your room size and listening distance.
2. What kind of music do you listen to.
3. Do you play really loud.
4. What amplification do you have presently.
5. What is your budget for speakers.

Once you share the above, it will be easier for member
Thanks for response friend.
1. 16/12 hall (not treated)
2. All
3. No
4. Marantz 1711
5. Looking for LCR (60K)

Please explain and help me to find right bookshelfs!
Specs are useful and it isn't the end all on deciding on the loudspeaker to buy.
You need to audition various speakers.
Efficiency rating of a speaker is not going to tell you how good or bad it is. The only use for this metric is to indicate whether its going to hard to drive or not. You most definitely don't want a 85db speaker driven off a tube amplifier.
Start with whether you want a stand mount of floor stand. If space is limited, stand mounts are better.
Check out a Wharfedale Linton. I hear they are nice and fantastic for the price.

Thanks for response friend.
1. 16/12 hall (not treated)
2. All
3. No
4. Marantz 1711
5. Looking for LCR (60K)
You may audition Elac B 5.2 and C 5.2. You may also add a power amp to the front channel preouts in 1711 if required.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back