Reseller on olx

Sean de Silva

Mods I wasn't sure where this should be posted so pls transfer to the appropriate section if necessary.

Has anyone bought equipment from this reseller - Ganesh on olx? Seems to be based in parel mumbai. Always has plenty of hifi gear for sale. Link to this profile below

No, haven't bought. But, always observe that he puts up the stock images of the products and not the actual ones that he intends to sell.

In case you think about going ahead, do ask for complete pictures and demo videos or better check personally if feasible.

According to one of my friends who bought from him, most of the products he sells are repaired ones. He has hired two repair technicians and buys non working products. He puts them on Olx after repairing them.

I had contacted him for an amp and asked him for photos but he was keen on negotiating the price before sending the photos. When I raised doubts on how could I price an item before seeing the item , he claimed it was in excellent shape. I repeatedly requested him for photos but he stopped responding. That was when I spoke to my friend to know about this reseller.

His prices are too high considering the products are repaired. Unless you are looking for something specific which is not available anywhere else, my suggestion would be to steer clear of him.

According to one of my friends who bought from him, most of the products he sells are repaired ones. He has hired two repair technicians and buys non working products. He puts them on Olx after repairing them.

I had contacted him for an amp and asked him for photos but he was keen on negotiating the price before sending the photos. When I raised doubts on how could I price an item before seeing the item , he claimed it was in excellent shape. I repeatedly requested him for photos but he stopped responding. That was when I spoke to my friend to know about this reseller.

His prices are too high considering the products are repaired. Unless you are looking for something specific which is not available anywhere else, my suggestion would be to steer clear of him.

Not shocked in the least. Anything that looks too good to be true is just that .... Thanks for the feedback

I would love to know where he sources these items from, even in non-working condition!

From kabadiwalas I suppose. Many people who have settled abroad sell the stuff collected by their parents lying in their basement for dimes. Maybe either they do not know the value or lack time to strike a good deal or both. One of my acquaintance bought a accuphase e 206 for 25k only from one such gentleman!!!!

I strongly suggest not to buy from him. I have purchased one Technics SL 5 . On insisting as to why he cannot load the actual picture, he says that no one ask such questions as people trust him. He rather told me to come and see. Finally I went to Parel, Mumbai, in those shanties. This person I found not to be genuine and I had a harsh dealing with him.
I did buy this item after checking in all the functions except that I could not wait another 20 minute for the lp record to finish. But even then I had doubts and asJed him if the arms comes back to its place once the record got over, and he said, Yes. As all the function were in ok condition, I trusted and did not check further
On returning home I took a trial, and found out that the needle had totally worn out and it needed replacement. Secondly the record kept on skipping at the end, non stop, and I had to manually end the record . I am very unhappy with with this seller

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back