Rethm Maarga review.

INteresting bits

Source: 27" iMac with 3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, 16GB 1.333MHz RAM, 2TB hard disc, 256GB SSD drive, ADM Radeon HD 6970M with 2GB of GDDR5 memory, PureMusic 1.82 in hybrid memory play with pre-allocated RAM and AIFF files up to 24/192; Antelope Audio Zodiac Gold/Voltikus, April Music Eximus DP1, Esoteric/APL Hifi UX1/NWO-M

And our recent favorite

Powerline conditioning: 1 x GigaWatt PF2, 1 x Furutech RTP-6

Great pricing as well - relatively speaking of-course - glad to see another highly regarded audio component lower than international pricing. So it would be a VFM proposition in addition to great sound.
Cheers,
Sid

Yes Sidvee. The Rethms are very reasonably priced for what they do. Set up well they are killer. Even their amp is great.

Hi Dr Bass

I think you should write to Rethm and check where you can hear them, if at all, in Singapore.

Maarga should be around 2.5-3 lac. Amps are 2 lac.

Super price;

Hermit Audio - GamuT D & D in India makes the Drive Units in Vasai @ their plant [workshop] - Mr. Milind Patil is a great engineer & can really do a lot of 'tweaks' for Jacob. They have a good thing going - All the Best !!

This is a good speaker @ an excellent price. :)
I wonder who sells them in Mumbai ? :p
Are they set up any where ? I would live to listen to them - I have heard the 'Sadhana' [in Munich 2009] I think... Driven by Emile' from S Korea.

Jacobs Kochi home looks beautiful as well. We should arrange a visit to his office in Kerala if at all he agrees. In Bangalore, Prithvi is the contact.

Well made product is a delight in itself that too by an Indian co. is just great. Feels kind of proud.
Speaker design is an amazing field kind of like 'final frontier' as personally I believe amp design development is pretty much exhausted and almost reached its peak. I wonder if they have copy righted various refined designs just like westerners do. What are the benefits of slim enclosure ?
Regards

hee hee. Dug out some interesting turntable news :)
Meanwhile, George and Rethm are working on still other projectsincluding a turntable with a drive system the like of which has never been seen in domestic audioand slowly but surely perfecting their craft.
Regards

Last edited:
Hi Jaibir

If your Saadhanas is Version 2 then the bass of Saadhanas should be much better. Treble and mids should be pretty much the same.

Interesting to note that the testing by 6Moons included a Nelson Pass Amp 'S2' for amplification.

Hi Anilva

Srajan thinks the SIT 2 sounds marvelous with the Rethms. He uses Esoteric preamplification

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back