Review : Boston Acoustics A26

devilwearsprada

Note: This is an unbiassed/unpaid review of the BA A26.

Purchase : I was in the market for a good pair of Bookshelf speakers which would give a good balanced sound. I listen to almost everything from Ghulam Ali to Tanita Tikaram to Eric Prydz.
Gave a couple of stores a visit. Most were cold to low budget systems and then landed at Sound By Design, Gurgaon. Met sid who was very helpful, understood my requirement and explained me the various parameters.
We had an audition of some very expensive systems and some very good budget systems.

Initial Audition : I got the system home and set it up with the Marantz PM5004. The initial sound was too sharp and wasn't the best. I was a little let down. Gave sid a call who told me to let them burn-in.
Also, they look very well built.

Long-Term Review :

Time : 6 Months

Sound : The sound has grown mind blowingly. The lows are much much better and the high range has been tuned further using the Marantz.
EDM drops go low and deep, and clear as crystal at even 30% of the volume.
The high's are good enough for my use, Rahman's Bombay sound track is clear and direct. The soundstage is well set for my use.

Source : Connected to my PC directly using the Marantz PM5004. A Teac CDP is on the way.

Price : Good under my budget. That's a secret :p

Overall : Extremely VFM and capable speakers. These are my definite pick for anybody looking for a good overall sound. I am a fan of the speakers and they have trained my ears very well.

Do not hesitate if you have any questions?
Thank you.

Purchase : I was in the market for a good pair of Bookshelf speakers which would give a good balanced sound. I listen to almost everything from Ghulam Ali to Tanita Tikaram to Eric Prydz.
Gave a couple of stores a visit. Most were cold to low budget systems and then landed at Sound By Design, Gurgaon. Met sid who was very helpful, understood my requirement and explained me the various parameters.
We had an audition of some very expensive systems and some very good budget systems.

Initial Audition : I got the system home and set it up with the Marantz PM5004. The initial sound was too sharp and wasn't the best. I was a little let down. Gave sid a call who told me to let them burn-in.

Long-Term Review :

Sound : The sound has grown mind blowingly. The lows are much much better and the high range has been tuned further using the Marantz.
The high's are good enough for my use, Rahman's Bombay sound track is clear and direct. The soundstage is well set for my use.

Source : Connected to my PC directly using the Marantz PM5004. A Teac CDP is on the way.

Overall : Extremely VFM and capable speakers. These are my definite pick for anybody looking for a good overall sound. I am a fan of the speakers and they have trained my ears very well.

Thank you.

I am also using the boston a26. Superb SQ:clapping:

Ho about A25? What's the price of A26?

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Hi, I haven't heard the A25. But Bostons are generally based for sharper modern music. They are the American Side and hence biassed towards EDM/Rock primarily.

Good review,need some pics of ur system ,is the lows are ok?

The lows are awesome, let me put up some pics today.

It's a previous version of BA A-26

Should be good one , how much for A26?

Hi, here are the pictures of my setup.

Sh-Tywu3inCYxVHfjkCn9c7fG3nuqDnj0xfLk49uxUWiU4ygtZKq5noCWoVDgUWQfBj6bKiSKdEUjEe6btwMYKASXBTsq_XKgU3zdGdXk3Ctq09nXzH765w9pPY2_DsO2jzu0a4sC51Xx6LbQsU_-Y41ixFcupNZ6jpjy5vgsPy0CAQzkTiZDnOWCA4jKu0vaqqd8Sqvp71vuuFR7at1QSz105ymW3qgBnTbn7KhiQX6IOAQtLTWq-XlRHbdPCDcUlhaDlFUf2gDPOcrRZ3YvbABmjPtccEzlH3WCk55q5441Xdm7Wq8FokzRIYF8HEfqiUR0Jo4eFqhDGrD7H-caStWPS5MoI3XcblEelo02Vwji0o40IbJ1h20P4ZGuLTjqcugaDF6SlG4XDJRtKNop82dhP5zfhGuGRDfiV4g9W14na9_LA276XeBN7SdXEpLuVpRAp3pAnpd8EIRTnAPPkV1dvRtCOfC4TA6fVsb1QBFd5UDnH2biX_Q1f0JEJ94zzsOuBDyvxXpsVwaNNtiOv4AD-RHvxNClIowx3XvZEi5lUQ-2WW7LwjUaJQp8ZkNbM9n4Wlh8XNU3v6uqEKrm6mLkjsowBW4=w1378-h775-no

idTXBOsYjUHTJbCWGbMHCcZ-JOSBWL5awLzwOtQ_PJW7p-mw4e-FBxZPX5E978dj-7ZHdE5Jbd9RsZNowWmbZjzqBZqRFK1EeAxWYwDdUg4YftaiHtJN3_Id-nJt2F5XVhmM8mVFDMvk7nsEKQqKBkH2ODdzeF0NyWqcNUcWlH3eRrLJtXWNTsP1dg7z3yIqOmEpBPJz9_xTCdMJm5gdFVjNfLhAsuxFORnFIOrt4T38za7KZOAiwau-5eER4dttlj6aFFrMMFZ85PxaWIeSU-UBOpB7A0J08TTN4WJxdbeeyyFyTxgd474Opq32sCJtI_W1Vy60L_iUUIJuzDHUCATBa_d0DvvxHkm8Tvqe8yAUlV8z-ftbpAOCEOWmnCDxAND8Je7nwMGeVMcKoPRtam7RWISLz9KhfbfzUdsXSBX5fBFrhXwyviQJiW1lqnWlA5QKF-be7xPYJXD7ZcM7AU3N21OdgQtBO8Qe9x3xmPk5lFvxHCQDCdvteMdnhRm00QH1_is7e6c1vCWUJrfn58qOy26eQBQZshei2YXvqT0nzoiymueVSDzCUVcZeOQq86S_qZa0z2Wcy7r6T1oJSepvkzgA2pgw=w1378-h775-no

R6rx50-PnISLHGCtgCVjxNRCLpeiuVE0f9kRR1Qe7-DV0m06XDzhq-AlXmQ1jm_1xpxjaQR5hl86swyossYBbPh525Hb-h54XJzhZetr7J_-bVvrMi-6H_RPynZGzsL6BIzArsNQBVef47gWYeRkVN94hbHxBedAnprAKlv_yk1C1q6MhzHTEzwa6_RedUU8nan7sCqDRJmnwLAOx-M8CW9R8YRZUedZ724BQu6zulJQV0fLo2s7odVimfvjqUQsZbRAElJSUXwR5mWfGDaNX6iN4msqrnwlCB3w95v4mJdWC2qdAdFSFDoUPTt9x56iHIYxVP1zMPXG_buKa9BX2UK-7W6ck3P9Tkml3EzsOEbCloImW8pYFdlCOtnt9_SLECDYryXNMb43jZMC6Ik97tz1kx0tDO_YL1dhbU426SS70UomXa9mi1xBlaf3tC750YLynA96ANo4tmZXmzKCToDlF_upcVotSi-JU6jVBXWGOES5y1Ld1vtH4OvZtw8gnAiMuzcQ5hDnKhavj62LgL7klVr0SJxk__nun_FZ2j6gGnL4cugy_yi6HMRtb95w9bIgEa5WRdq-PEkrcVlqti0u7ztlqh1g=w1378-h775-no

Last edited:
nice setup .. could you let me know a bit more about what center channel and projector (NEC ) you are using with it ?

Long-Term Review :

Thank you.
Is the treble too sharp

My younger bro used the A26 ...it was paired with Marantz AVR.......it sounds punchy at low volumes...decent bass.....treble section seems to scream a bit at higher volumes....this is my take based on various speakers and brands used over the past 20 years.......

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back