review for Polk Audio TL1600

Rupam

Does anybody in this forum have listened / purchased Polk Audio TL1600
x107TL1600-o_other.jpeg

I'm confused between Wharfedale MS-100 HCP and Polk.

Wharfedale MS-100 HCP
MS-100%20HCP%20black-500x500.jpg

Is any member has opinion then please share.

During my recent visit to mumbai I found the Polk RM6750 5.1 to be better than TL1600... Price range of both is around 30k... Unfortunately RM6750 is only available through avenue sound in India...

I had listened to tl1600 during my visit to profx in bangalore.
They had set this up with denon 1612.
This was only a tad better than denon 1312xp.
My suggestion its not worth it, unless you can afford a better sub in the future.. You will end up having the urge to upgrade if you buy this. But it may suffice for smaller rooms..

Thanks Ashish,
If you think that the sound of polk does not deserve the premium 35k then I will drop it. I'm also inclined towards wharfedale MS-100 HCP as AV MAX has awarded them Best buy.

Problem is I can't find Energy Classic in Kolkata. Otherwise it would not have been such a difficult call for me.

Last edited:
Thanks Kittu, I'm a bit hesitant about online purchase of speaker. Although I have purchased DVDs books headphones online but the speakers are difficult to handle.

Since you are a veteran, can you suggest me other 5.1 packages which you have auditioned.
Thanks

GEB will not buy the energy RC micro. BIC they may. Better check with the international reseller before placing the order.

Why not go for Pioneer SP-PK41BS 5.1 package for 35k???
Super bang for buck.

Avenuesound does not list all the products on web. Better to call them and ask. They even take orders with some advance and source other components from USA. So far there is very positive feedback from other forum members.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back