Review of ebay Global Program and amazon.de

[email protected]

Friends,
Please post your experience in buying products from US and Germany via eBay GEB and amazon.de.

Both are promising to take care of the Customs and door-to-door delivery. Whether this programs are matured in India ?

Advance thanks for all your comments and feedbacks.

Cheers,
Raj

No idea about ebay, I dont shop ebay bcoz a good known reason, but amazon.de is my favorite :)

I have got multiple stuffs from Amazon.de in past 3-4 years, including my floorstanding speakers, projector, home-appliance, Chocolates and other non-electronics. They are quite reliable as far as shipping / delivery is concerned all my packages came through UPS/DHL, and I never had any trouble except once, when some other carrier was used as shipping/customs agent and tracking was pretty difficult.

The +ve things IMO:
1. Very competitive pricing for electronics, though they would not ship every other product to India.
2. All their electronics are 220V and you dont have to be bother about the voltage.

The -ve side is:
1. Customer care- you cant call and talk due to language barrier. Off course you can write an email and get your queries solved, but still, many times it became difficult situation for me.
2. Some electronics items (not all, may be based on manufacturer) are packaged differently for Europe.
3. I got some refund in terms of gift vouchers, which are absolutely not useful if I don't want to buy in future.

this is just my 2c..... others may have different view

2. Some electronics items (not all, may be based on manufacturer) are packaged differently for Europe.

Can you elaborate on that please? How do you mean "packaged differently"? Thanks for the detailed report.

example-
For Optoma HD26 bought from amazon.de, didnt get lens cap or a HDMI cable in the Box. As per the google (and even amazon.com), you get this accessories if you buy from amazon.com. I called Optoma international CC numbers and as they explained the packaging is different....

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back