Review of the Month contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santy

Hello FMs!

How about running a contest for Review of the Month (ROTM) on our forum?

We need more members to come forward and share their experience with the products they recently owned so that it can help others to take a decision. I think reviews are good to read even if we have no plans to buy. Members are encouraged to post reviews of the products they owned/ listened in the reviews section of the forum. Top 5 reviews shortlisted by admins will undergo a voting by the members to choose the ROTM from the list. Voting period can be 10 days long, we can decide. The ROTM winner selected by members will be awarded a gift (to be announced shortly) and the review will be tagged with a shiny ribbon:
15019785479_54a47a6d0f_o.jpg

The following points are worth to be noted:
  • Reviews only on audio / video products considered.
  • Reviews shall be based on actual experience. Considerable amount of time must have been spent in using the product.
  • All reviews posted in review section of the forum would become automatically eligible for the contest. They must be atleast 600 words long though.
  • Reviews on products that are currently available in the market for purchase will be more preferable.
  • No reviews on dealers or showrooms or services considered for the contest.
  • Reviews can ideally include the cons of the product so that they are construed to be unbiased/ neutral.
  • We all like photos of gears so make sure you put more of them. Avoid mobile pics if possible. Inserting from external image hosting site may be necessary for bigger size pics.
  • Comparisons with other products in similar budget would be an added advantage.
  • Review your review for errors in grammar/ spelling / punctuation before submitting.
  • Please also go through the suggestions on writing reviews given in this sticky thread

Looking forward to read more reviews here. It will add more value to the forum and we can see more members joining our already growing community. Further suggestions to improvise this contest are welcome.

Last edited:
Fantastic. I think this is an excellent initiative. This enables more and more reviews and increases knowledge and experience sharing.

Don't see too many reviews coming out these days on pre-owned or even new products. Looking forward to this.

Cheers...

Surely this should go to jls001...
I dont where the old reviewers has gone like DENOM..but its a good start for FM like jls001..who has taken the opportunity to fill the gap..

for your information..recently jls001 has reviewed new Pass B1..

This is the great initiative. How about the riviews of the same item, will it be in the same thread or separate? It would be better to have same thread for same product by different reviewers. I am not sure whether its achievable!.

Thanks for the suggestion! Combining reviews product-wise categorized is probably achievable and the site admin is exploring it.

To motivate members to write their reviews freely, without any apprehension of being challenged or negated by others, we are blocking replies to Review threads (similar to sale threads).

Requesting FMs to post more reviews of their gear.
It need not be necessarily a recent purchase.
Any gear is ok, as long as it is currently available for purchase.

The prize for ROTM will be any one of these as per the winner's choice:

• DAC SPK14 AWG OFC DUAL SPEAKER CABLE (6 metre)
  • ARX01A 2RCA TO 2RCA AUDIO INTERCONNECT CABLE (1 metre)
  • DAC ARX01D DIGITAL COAXIAL AUDIO CABLE (1 metre)
  • DAC TTN761 Optical Fibre Cable (1 metre)

Please PM me if anyone wants their review posted elsewhere to be moved/ copied to the Reviews section.

Hello Friends,

After a brief consultation, the first award for Review of the Month has been decided.

The ROTM award goes to FM @rikhav for this his review on the ELAC Discover Music Server
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/elac-discovery-music-server.69110/

Congratulations Rikhav! We look forward to many more contributions to the forum.
Please pm your address and cell phone number for us to send you the prize

Regards.

Nice Idea and very good initative by FM. Congratulations Dear FM ......
Will suggest 4K UHD Movies, Blue ray movies/ music live concert, Audio CD album International/Indian, Steaming site etc. may also be included.

Time for the award for Review of the Month (March 2018).

The ROTM award goes to FM @audiopro for his review on the Audio Note Level 2 setup
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/audio-note-system-review.69613/

Congratulations Audiopro! We look forward to many more contributions to the forum.
Please pm your address and cell phone number for us to send you the prize

Regards.

p.s. You guys are making it too easy. We'd like to see more reviews on here!

Thanks Sanjiv but I think I have posted some basic listening review somewhere..... I'll check mate.

Congrats Celester340......

I am sure you will bag the awards for your reviews on Definitive Technology SM45s, Yamaha AVR A 1070 etc.....

Congratulations Mr. Derek . Now looking same for Tannoy, Yamaha, Center speaker ( Goldenear) in coming months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back