review Wharfedale 121

Whats interesting with the 121 and other 100 series speakers is that they have used a bottom firing port into a plinth at the base of the speaker. So placement should be relatively easy

As with most Wharf products they offer a lot for the money. They spell Value.

Has anyone from our forum auditioned the new Wharfedale 100 series ?

Trickled down design from the Jade series.... heard 'em but am not going to do any review.

Trickled down design from the Jade series.... heard 'em but am not going to do any review.

Yes it does seem to be trickle down from the Jade . However the Jade uses a aperiodic cabinet design.

I doubt that the 100's series would sound anything like the the much costlier Jade

Hi,

I am an absolute newbie who's looking to setup a budget stereo system so my opinion may not count for much but I recently heard 2 setups Wharfdale 121 and Paradigm Atom Monitor both paired with Denon PMA 720 ....

The sound from the Atom Monitors sounded more "open" ....if I closed my eyes it seemed that the music is being played in a theatre ...i hope you understand what I am trying to say ...the sound was quite "big" but the salesperson described them as being "bright"

The Wharfdales sounded a bit "muted" as if the higher notes were kind of suppressed and didn't get the "big stage" sound that I got from the Paradigms. The salesperson suggested that the Wharfdales have a better sound as they are "warm" and will not cause fatigue on listening to the system for an extended period. I didn't have a reference or benchmark to compare to as I am pretty new to these things ..but this is just my opinion for whatever it's worth.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back