RIP Khayyam

Naturelover

Staff member

Yesterday I was sharing some info regarding Gulzar sahib and learnt many hitherto unknown facts from Friend sandeepss. Today I was shocked to know that KHAYYAM passed away. I think it is a great loss to us. Our country mourned the sad demise of this great soul who gifted us so many nice songs. Can we ever forget songs of KABHI KABHIE, NOORIE. UMRAO JAAN? Lataji has told that with his demise an era comes to an end. Really we, the music enthusiasts will miss Khayyamji . May his soul rest in peace.

Tributes to the great one & only Khayyam sahab! Thank you for giving us compositions without which no music lover's library would be complete. Even after half a century, his tunes are as much revered & honored.

Honestly, his music has been quite underrated in my opinion. He deserved a lot more commercial success.
A lot of cult classics in his name.
Respect sir! Rest in peace.

Legendary Music composer and very humble person.
He started career early 40s with Footpath (dlipkumar) 1951. there is no replacement, great loss to India music lovers.
Artist dies but his work never dies. he would be remembered for many generations.
May his departed soul rest in peace.

A talanted music composer who composed music based strictly on ragas. Each composisition had his mark. A classic way to make music.

A lesser known some what modern song from him.
I have kept this vinyl for only this song. Recording quality is superb. And one of the rare occassion where Lata didi voice sounds soft.
Regards

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back