Rocking the Neighbourhood

Rajiv

Hi,

This being the last weekend before my wife returns after visiting my daughter in Germany.I decided to act on Capt. and his friend Sashi's advice when they came over this week to try out the Luxman amps and Tannoy Monitor Golds.

I realised that it has been nearly a couple of years since the amps and speakers saw any action. I had to spray contact cleaner on all switches including the Tannoy HF switches to get rid of the crackle because of lack of use.

It is fun to drive 95dB speakers with a 200 watt amp.;) My neighbours must be cursing me.

Boy I had forgotton how low the Tannoys go. The Altecs are better in the mids but the Tannoy bass is awesome. The Tannoy mids are slightly recessed typical British voicing.

TannoyMG15

The Tannoys are in their original factory Lancaster cabinets.Not the ideal cabinets for the big 15 inch drivers. My big Tannoy York cabinets are in storage as the choice I was given by she who must be obeyed was Altec or Tannoy,only one in the house. So the drivers are housed in the small Lancaster cabinets,as a safe storage place.

Regards
Rajiv

Last edited:
Wow!! The Tannoy MGs are in mint condition .... from the pics!!

Need to plan a visit to listen to these :).

Beauties! Superbly maintained!

This is a set I would love to audition sometime when you are free.

B Rgds,
Raj.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back