Ronnie James Dio Passes Away

marsilians

For the metal fans of yesteryear Ronnie James Dio of Elf, Black Sabbath and Rainbow fame passed away from stomach cancer.

Music -- Latest News -- Metal Icon Ronnie James Dio Dead at 67 After Cancer Battle -- RollingStone.com

I used to listen to a lot of Classic Rock and Metal and sometimes do even now. A true legend that always gave you more than the value for your money through the performances.

Heaven & Hell, Mob Rules and the first Rainbow album Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow are true references for the talent and work in my view.

Hope the 'Holy Diver' takes his spirit to hallowed hallways of rock afterlife....
May his sould rest in peace and his fans always in throws of ecstacy!

Last edited:
Hope the 'Holy Diver' takes his spirit to hallowed hallways of rock after live....
May his sould rest in peace and his fans always in throws of ecstacy!
Amen to that.....RIP Dio

when I was in college ( yes I went to college) , the live version of "Catch The Rainbow" was like an anthem. We would all crowd into one hostel room to listen to the tape every other day.

The studio version of the song is nothing compared to it.

RIP Ronnie

Regards

He was one of my favorites.

• Don't talk to strangers
  • Last in line
  • Heaven & Hell
  • Holy diver

--
helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 2A3
Speakers: Vintage B&W DM4

So glad to see so many here have been touched by Ronnie's Pipes....
Came to know of the news today myself, was going to start a thread here but was apprehensive that folks out here would say 'Ronnie Who'.....

Thank you all for proving me wrong.....

A true Legend in more ways than one, the creator of the \m/ metal signage.....
RIP Ronnie James Dio, you will be missed but never forgotten......
\m/!!!

Most rock musician's songs speak blasphemies against GOD the MOST HIGH.

So I'm no fan of rock music or rock musicians.:mad:

Most rock musician's songs speak blasphemies against GOD the MOST HIGH.

So I'm no fan of rock music or rock musicians.:mad:

assuming of course there is a god. :) but that's another can of worms and another debate on another thread.

more evil has been perpetrated in the name of religion than by doped up headbanging rockers who are only looking for their next fix (read concert).

not targeting your religious beliefs just that rock music is not as black as it's painted out to be.

my fav rolling stone number of which deep purple did a cover too :)

regards

not targeting your religious beliefs just that rock music is not as black as it's painted out to be.

my fav rolling stone number of which deep purple did a cover too :)

regards

Have you heard the Eric Burdon version? That's quite trippy too!

Hey Stevieboy No debate here, just my thoughts.:) & no plans to open any can of worms, just my CD tray;)

Music in itself is pure, it's just how you use it- with good lyrics:) which makes us sing/hear the song again & again & destructive/satanic lyrics:mad:the less said the better!

Being a musician(keyboardist) I love music, just can't stay without it.

I'm sure most of us love music & that's the way it will be till we die!

Three Cheers to Music:yahoo:

Had watched his interview on the "Metal - A Headbanger's journey" DVD. Ronnie James Dio was surely a legend alongwith the likes of Ozzy, Eddie Van Halen, and Rob Halford...

Also learnt about the passing away of Peter Steele (Type-O-Negative) and James Sullivan (Avenged Sevenfold) from the Rolling Stone article posted by marsilians.

\m/ to all !!! Metal still rules because of all you guys....

RIP Ronnie. The world has lost a real legend. It's a truly sad event. His was a voice of unmatched power, purity and beauty. If anyone reading this has not heard Ronnie James Dio sing, I would humbly request them to pick up anything that he's sung and just give him a listen. The smart money's that it'll change your life. Ronnie was not just a singer, he was a musical phenomenon, and by all accounts a complete gentleman and kind human being.

Thanks Ronnie. It's been a privilege to listen to you, and it'll continue to be a privilege to listen to you as long as music exists.

\m/

is he the Black Sabbath vocalist in the Heaven and Hell album...if so then he was as dark and deep as Tommy Iommi's guitar..though it has been a long time since i have heard stuff like these...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back